Home-made conservatory roof blinds

Options
We have just moved into our new house and it has a lovely victorian style conservatory. As money is a little restrictive at the moment I was thinking about making blinds for the roof but not sure how to go about it. I am going to make roman blinds for the other windows, but wondered if anyone knows of any kits out there to make it easier for me? I have looked on the internet but can't see anything ... any advice greatly appreciated!

Comments

• quid-itch
    quid-itch Posts: 65 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    NOVASTAR wrote: »
    it has a lovely Victorian conservatory.

Is it an old conservatory? - I only ask because you'll find it tricky to attach the supports to hold what may be quite weighty window blinds (depends how long the drop is) if its cast iron.

If it is modern (upvc double glazing) then there are great fixings for blinds and anything else you want to hang.
    Let the wind free, where e'r you may be.
  • FBThree
    FBThree Posts: 346 Forumite
    Options
    We have a wooden conservatory and cheated with cafe-style window bars top and bottom of the windows, and expandable curtain wire onto hooks for awkward angles. Be careful what material you use - in the sun it rots super-fast. I used a gauze fabric and it only lasted 3 years.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure