Notice date

Options
Hi

My company has terminated my role and have created new roles. The company have said due the change in the role no one can be forced to re apply.

They have given a date for all colleagues who apply to receive redundancy notice but have said that for those colleagues who do not apply the date will not be the same as their individual consultations can be brought forward and they would receive notice on the 3rd consultation

All colleagues who applied or not are expected to work until the same date

Is this right, as this can affect potential PILON entitlements etc?

Thanks

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Nothing wrong with each person being put on notice of redundancy at different times or having different termination dates.

There may be some rules that need to followed re reps and consultation if the numbers are high enough.

Why do you think it effects payouts?
  • tkel01
    tkel01 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    Nothing wrong with each person being put on notice of redundancy at different times or having different termination dates.

There may be some rules that need to followed re reps and consultation if the numbers are high enough.

Those with over 12 years service are entitled to 12 weeks notice, if some are issued notice only 4 weeks before they leave the business as planned they will be entitled to PILON are gardening leave of up to 8 weeks. Potentially those issued notice before will lose out on this because they didnt apply

Thanks
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that.

Once the group consultation(if required) has finished then the individual consultations can finish at different times.

By not wanting to explore any potential suitable alternatives the employee is ending consultation and the employer can serve the redundancy notice.
    (I think they may be able to issue notice during group consultations if employees terminate the process individually)

For those wishing to explore suitable alternatives the employer can chose not to put the employee on notice while those options are considered

if you want to leave but delay the notice go through the list of jobs and apply for one you know you won't get.
  • Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

The weekly cap on redundancy pay goes from £489 to £508 in April so I suppose if you can stall until your relevant date is beyond that point you'll get higher amount (assuming you earn enough for that to be relevant).
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure