Money Saving Expert £50 cashback and plusnet

Options
Hi,

I ordered broadband via a moneysaving expert link for a £50 cashback deal on plusnet. Plusnet are saying that they haven't got it tracked and that it's not their problem as the promotion is being run by a 3rd party.

They've said that I need to contact MSE. Has anyone had a similar experience? I'd appreciate any help with trying to get this sorted out. The reason I went with them was because of the £50 promotion..

Thanks,

Kenny

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's not payable until 60 days after the connection-when did you go live (as I don't think the current MSE promo has been running that long?
    Possibly you had been browsing the Plusnet site before and you then failed to clear your cookies before you clicked through via MSE?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • galni01
    Options
    Hi, I did the same followed a link through MSE to plusnet website and was promised £50 cash back after 60 days. Plusnet claim it's nothing to do with them and there should be an email from the 3rd party who then send a cheque. I haven't received anything from MSE.

Did you get this resolved?

Thanks for any help!
  • LisBoy
    Options
    I am in the same position. Plusnet say it is up to MSE to pay!!!
  • dentastic1
    Options
    I have the same problem i should have got £75 cash back ,Plusnet say they no knowledge of this and MSE should be resposable for this (we will do you proud )!! .MSE said the offer was £2.50 B/B per month when i went to the Plusnet site it then said it was £14.99 p/m reduced to £7.50 p/m for 6 months now it states it is free for 4 months then £14.99 p/m .Very confused .
  • jess1808
    Options
    did anyone get this sorted? I found the offer through money saving expert but it was by plusnet and plastered all over their website but they are now trying to tell me the offer wasnt on when I signed up! (31st July) anyone got any screenshots or anything?
  • Reine_Knight
    Options
    I have had a similar experience: no e mail received to enable a cashback claim. My switch was early December.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,761 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 February 2015 at 3:35PM
    Options
    For anyone else currently considering any cheap energy club/cashback deals, when making the deal online I double checked with plusnet live chat that the cashback deal was included and had registered, and took a screenshot of the conversation.
    Have you all checked your spam folders, as that is where my initial email ended up?
    Have you tried contacting the cheap energy club, as per their FAQ section?

"I haven't received my cashback - what should I do?
    If you move to a supplier that we can switch you to, £15 cashback is paid for a single fuel switch, £30 if you switch both fuels. Cashback is paid into your bank account around three months after switching. It will appear as "EnergyClubCashbk".

[Text removed by MSE Forum Team]

Sometimes there are special deals where you can get even more cashback. Usually with these deals, the supplier sends you the extra cashback and you'll still get the £30 from us."

Having said that, my £70 did come from Plusnet not MSE. This is what the Plusnet email said. "We’re pleased to tell you that you can now claim your cashback, simply Click Here
    Don’t forget - you need to make sure you’ve made your claim within 2 months of the offer end date.
    What happens next?
    We’ll send your cheque to the address you provided when you signed up. Whilst we’ll make every effort to get your cashback to you as soon as we can, it could take up to 30 days for your cheque to arrive.

We really hope you’ll enjoy using your Plusnet Broadband and Phone and you enjoy your cashback on us.

All the best,
    Paul Summers
    Director – Customer Experience and Operations - Plusnet
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Former_MSE_Zorica
    Options
    Hi guys,

Just to clarify, for queries relating to cashback for Energy Club switches (older than three months), the email address is [EMAIL="energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com"]energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL] .

For queries regarding cashback or vouchers on broadband deals, including Plusnet through MSE, the email address is voucherhelp@moneysavingexpert.com.

Thanks!

Follow the Forum on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing