::: Priority pass :::

Options
Are you a Priority Pass member? If so, read this.

To cut a long story short, Priority Pass, part of the Collinson Group who offer their priority pass memberships to RBS customers, cannot guarantee airport lounge access. They do not make this clear on their website. You will discover this, when you are in an airport during a long haul or transit situation (when you need it most), only to find that each third party lounge can refuse you entry because they are 'too busy' even though you can see that they are not that busy.

Clearly there is little point in being Priority Pass member, when it essentially serves no purpose when you need it most.

We did gain access to the lounge via sheer determination and likely because the desk agent wanted us away from the desk; however that should not ever be necessary.

If you are a Priority Pass member, I would encourage you to contact them and raise the question of lounge access; just so you can be sure of lounge access when you need it, or at least, be clear on the limits of your membership.

Comments

• fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Their Conditions of Use say (my bolding):
    All participating lounges are owned and operated by third party organizations. The cardholder and accompanying guests must abide by the rules and policies of each participating lounge and the cardholder accepts that registering for a lounge does not guarantee continued access. The cardholder accepts that the Priority Pass Group of companies has no control over the lounge operator’s decision whether to admit any cardholder, the number of people allowed in any lounge at any time, facilities offered, the opening/closing times, the length of time which cardholders may spend in the lounge and any charges payable for extended lounge visits or the personnel employed by the lounges. The administrators of Priority Pass will use reasonable endeavors to ensure the benefits and facilities are available as advertised, but the cardholder accepts that the Priority Pass Group of companies does not warrant nor guarantee, in any way, that all or any of the benefits and facilities will be available at the time of the cardholder's visit.
    which seems to cover it. In addition their FAQs say:
    Sometimes lounge operators will impose restrictions based on lounge capacity, to ensure guests have a pleasant experience.
    Maybe you should familiarise yourself with the program before ranting.
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Options
    I think u can prebook for a fiver
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think u can prebook for a fiver

You can book for nothing, but it still won't guarantee you entry.
  • littlereddevil
    Options
    We had to queue at LHR the other week!
    travelover
  • SW17
    SW17 Posts: 858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well, although the PP T&Cs do clearly cover this, and in fact this can apply to any lounge even when accessed via airline status or class of service, the OP does have a point.

It's pretty well known that when there are any capacity issues, the first people to be refused entry to lounges are holders of PP (and their similar competitors) cards, when others will still be allowed in. Airline contracts and direct bookings with the lounge operator take priority in reality.

That said, these situations are the exception rather than the rule, IMO. I've had a PP card in the recent past, and while I wasn't a massive user, I didn't have problems accessing lounges. It does happen though, e.g. the No.1 lounge at LGW North is often very busy as BA's temporary lounge, and 3rd party lounge programme card holders sometimes get turned away.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,965 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    bigadaj wrote: »
    You can book for nothing, but it still won't guarantee you entry.

It will give you priority over those that haven't booked. What it won't do is give you priority over those accessing due to flight class or airline status.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure