The Marching Minimalist

Options

Comments

• ada-or-ardor
    Options
    That really was a lovely read. Well done angelpye! You're doing great! It's good that taking that little bit of control is preventing some of those negative emotions that don't really serve any purpose whatsoever...!!

Good luck for anothsr successful second month - I'm sure it's all onwards and upwards as you learn lessons and tricks here and there.

Ada
  • angelpye
    Options
    Thanks guys, feeling really positive about it all today and like I can make this tight budget work. Your cheerleading and the guys on the small things board are really keeping me on target :D

This weeks grocery shop is small due to visiting family so used it as a good opportunity to buy cleaning products as my usual brand is on offer. Nice to know all that is covered now until I see my income increase.

Like you said Ada...onwards and upwards!
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Wow - you have achieved so much and although you still have a way to go, it's just paving the way for more achievements! I hope you feel proud of yourself, you should.

You also sound really focused, i'd like to get back to that point in the next couple of weeks so will be keeping an eye on your diary for motivation and inspiration!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • Macey1510
    Options
    Great achievements!
  • angelpye
    Options
    Thank you, really feel like I have got this! :D
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    EF £0/£4200
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    So good to read a list of achievements like this - it's one thing I really love about being on here - the way this place can completely turn people's lives around for the better! :D

Great idea to use the reduced grocery shop to pay for the cleaning stuff you're going to need while prices are lower too - as you say, reassuring to know that you're covered for that sort of thing for a while!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Essex, I went to a conference a few years ago and one of the workshops was on what motivates us...I am motivated my positivity and towards things rather than negativity and away from things. If that makes any sense? Writing a list of my achievements keeps me in positive mode so I think I will keep track of all my wins from now on.

Update:
    So far this week I have been pretty good over the half term and kept within budget. Including going to the zoo and allowing my DD £5 in the gift shop.

I went to the special soap shop as had run out of soap and body cream and whilst I was there I was given a big lump of another soap to try (approx £3 worth) and a lip balm for free as the one I bought a few months ago had dried up - didn't even have it on me! Think that is usually £5 so although my soap and cream came to £18.05 the £8 freebies made the trip very much worth it! I can't use other products as I have really sensitive skin and this stuff lasts for ages so I have no problem with the price.

I have given in my meter readings to the Energy company and if my calculations are right they owe me over £300!!! Looking forward to the bill coming, although fingers crossed I am right, so I can get a refund and lower my direct debit/switch.

Todays grocery shop went over by £4 but pancake day is upon us which in my house means maple syrup, so I will readjust YNAB to allow for the extra to come off next months budget. I must sit and work out exactly what I spent this month as I started with a paper spending diary and moved to YNAB part way through month so not clear but think its about £140 which isn't bad.
    EF £0/£4200
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Wow amazing to be owed £300, that's so exciting!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • angelpye
    Options
    Thanks Bob, why does it always feel like they take forever to give you your money back? I forgot to ask how long until my bill comes so I will be stalking to post man for a while! :D

I see the count down to your debt free date is really upon us now! How exciting for you too!
    EF £0/£4200
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    £300 would be excellent! And well done on the freebies. Always worth asking.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure