PPI Claim Marsh Finance

Options
metalmickey290
metalmickey290 Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 13 March 2017 at 5:31PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
I have recently contacted Marsh Finance through the Resolver website about reclaiming PPI on a hire purchase agreement, to which i have received this response below: -

The hire-purchase agreement we entered into included PPI that was negotiated wholly by Carcraft, the dealer. Carcraft are in administration so please direct your query directly to Grant Thornton UK LLP who is the appointed administrator. They can be contacted at carcraft@uk.gt.com .

Can some one advise as I am surmising that Marsh Finance were the ones who give me the car loan they must be responsible for the PPI. I am basing this on that if I had to purchased a vehicle from a main dealer then i would not try to claim from them but from the actual lender e.g. black horse

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am surmising that Marsh Finance were the ones who give me the car loan they must be responsible for the PPI.
    Why are you "surmising" anything when you have been told categorically that you have to chase Carcraft?
    That dealer sold you the insurance and it is to them (now their administrator) that you direct any complaint.

How long ago was this? If prior to 2005, you are facing an uphill battle whoever you complain to because the sale won't have been regulated and you will have no access to FSCS or the Ombudsman.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can some one advise as I am surmising that Marsh Finance were the ones who give me the car loan they must be responsible for the PPI.
    The lender is not responsible.
    I am basing this on that if I had to purchased a vehicle from a main dealer then i would not try to claim from them but from the actual lender e.g. black horse

No. you complain to the car dealer. Remember you are not complaining about the product. You are complaining about the sales process. Who sold it to you? The dealer.

Dealers become regulated in January 2005 and are required to consider complaints about PPI sales that were made after Jan 2005. They can reject pre-regulation complaints as being before regulation.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure