Time abroad, counts towards credit file?

Options
I spent 5 years living in Denmark where I had a generally very good credit history and a successfully paid off loan, Does this data count towards my UK Credit file now that I have returned?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    No. .
  • GingerBob_3
    Options
    No. .

And this is another failing of the credit referencing industry.
  • joeroyo
    Options
    I am amazed at how useless it can be at times... Even returning to the UK after the 5 years and re-establishing a current account back here was an exercise in frustration.

My chances of being accepted for a credit card are pretty much nil I believe, super frustrating considering that it's single purpose will be to pay for work expenses and be paid in full by my employer.
  • Fruit_and_Nut_Case
    Options
    No. .
    How did you manage that? I always have to pad out short answers with invisible characters.
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    How did you manage that? I always have to pad out short answers with invisible characters.

I have special privileges because Martin Lewis thinks I'm great. :)
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    joeroyo wrote: »
    I am amazed at how useless it can be at times... Even returning to the UK after the 5 years and re-establishing a current account back here was an exercise in frustration.

My chances of being accepted for a credit card are pretty much nil I believe, super frustrating considering that it's single purpose will be to pay for work expenses and be paid in full by my employer.

Hi joeroyo

Sorry to hear about these difficulties.

It can be equally frustrating moving out of the UK and trying to apply for credit overseas, as credit files aren't shared across borders. There isn't a simple answer to this, unfortunately.

However, what I would suggest doing is getting a copy of your most recent Danish credit report (if possible) and adding a Notice of Correction to your UK credit report summarising the info therein about your satisfied loan agreement etc etc.

Re: your employer, is there no possibility of them applying for a company credit card and then nominating you as a cardholder?

Regards

Dennis
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • davidious
    davidious Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    nope that one bit which is why I have credit cards in Other countries but not the UK as I messsed up when I was younger
  • davidious
    davidious Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    joeroyo wrote: »

word of advice if you have good uk rating keep it open. and keep credit going and have a pound spend of your credit card every month or so. and have money going into your bank every month like 50p or so.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure