Always wondered, how does "time at address work"

Options
As in lets say I moved to a property Jan 2000 and moved Jan 2003 is that 3 years or 3 years 1 month?

And even more what if I moved in on the 1st Jan and moved 31st? or moved in the 31st and out on the 1st?

Basically is it total collective months, actual amount of days or something else?

Comments

• ashe
    ashe Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I would put 3 years unless I had completed the full month, but i've never had it be so picky to be honest. I generally put an approximation in - my understanding its generally used to know if they need further address history e.g if under 3 years or whatever.
  • Shakin_Steve
    Options
    dekaspace wrote: »
    As in lets say I moved to a property Jan 2000 and moved Jan 2003 is that 3 years or 3 years 1 month?

And even more what if I moved in on the 1st Jan and moved 31st? or moved in the 31st and out on the 1st?

Basically is it total collective months, actual amount of days or something else?
    If you've always wondered, why has it taken you ten years to ask?
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I don't know about credit history, but as someone who used to check CVs for gaps in employment history, make sure all the individual time periods add up to the total time!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure