PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Monday 30 January 2017

Options

Comments

• Wicked_Lady
    Options
    Morning all; very misty outside today and it looks cold.

We had a damp walk in the forest yesterday so ended up in the caf! with a pork and stuffing roll - mine was so stuffed it fell to pieces so I ended up eating it with a knife and fork - wimp! It was good to see lots of families out though - lots of jumping in puddles for the little ones.

DD will be popping in to eat with us tonight so it will be quiche and salad, then we can eat up the salad stuff later in the week. I have one last lot of plums from our tree in the freezer so may defrost those to use as well.

Off now for a second cuppa. Have a good day everyone.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning (((((((((( hugs )))))))))) if you need one.

The whole day yesterday was yuggy, we had the freezing fog, when that cleared it poured with rain for the rest of the day, was glad to draw the curtains.

Its very murky again this morning, we were promised dry weather, ha ha ha!!

I have the bed linen in the washer. OH is off to the post office to repost a letter and pay in the cash from the machine which got to its new home yesterday, new owner was delighted.

I need to remake the bed, the floor in the wet room needs the steamer on and I need to take the bathroom curtains down and turn them up. DD2 is coming tomorrow she can put them back up for me.

No idea whats for supper, will have to look at the list, see if I can change things round a bit, will not want to do much once I have finished mucking around in the sewing room and done the cleaning. So something qick will be ideal.

Blood test this week, see if the increased dose of medication is affecting my liver. I have also promised to take my neighbour to Grantham, she has an electric blanket she wants to change and get some new curtains. I need to get new net for the bedroom curtain, it looks awful from outside even though it was washed with one of those whitening restorer tablets.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tru, no self-respecting dog can be expected to ignore a cat completely! On another note, have you has the artex checked because some of them had asbestos added?

We had a very quiet day yesterday, I was hoping DS and DiL would come for a meal but they didn't so I have half of last night's meal to be eaten today, saving me from cooking. Lucky we don't mind eating the same thing twice running, so long as it's tasty of course.

I also made cherry scones yesterday, which ended up busting the food budget because I said I would make some but realised I didn't have enough butter so I asked DH to nip out and get some. He came back with a dozen eggs, strawberry jam and clotted cream as well. Why so men do that? He knows I've been trying to be very frugal this month and one of the reasons I was making the scones was so that I wouldn't go out and buy anything sweet. Next thing he will be complaining about putting on weight again because I'm not able to eat cream so he'll have to eat it all by himself - even if I have to ram it down his throat!

I'm going to have a pottering day because I'm still trying to fight off a chest infection I think.
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

It's a bit dull and grey here this morning but the rain has stopped after a fairly damp weekend. Hubby and the girls have all gone off to work/school without too many grumps or dramas so I went back to bed as I had been up since 4am.

I am really hoping for a quiet day today with no friends or phone calls as I need to just relax and do some mindless knitting. I have been so stressed about my girls and have been walking on eggshells trying to anticipate mood swings and panic attacks etc that I need a day off.

I am waiting for my lovely CMHT lady to be in touch about going out this week. If it stays dry I would like to go and look at the sea again as I find it very restoring.

I fell off the no spend band wagon hard last night and ordered myself a load of wool, patterns for baby clothes and a new knitting bag. My friend's daughter is expecting a baby at the end of Summer. She is only 16 and panicking but her mum will be a great help to her. I was a young mum as I had my eldest DD at 17 and I was a single mum so it was hard. I wanted to make a few cardigans and hat, bootee type things for her so I went internet shopping :).

Tonight I will be making a cajun chicken and rice dish using up our leftover chicken from our roast yesterday. There is loads so I will make a nice soup as well. I also have blueberies need ing to be made into muffins too.

I hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just wanted to say good Morning all:hello:

Not much to say for myself today as I'm a bit down in the dumps :(
    Off to work in a minute:(

Have a good day everyone.
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

big ((((hugs)))) Karcher.

I'm sitting here not knowing where to start today or whether i want to even bother. Had a stressful weekend with one thing and another. Hubby did nothing but moan all of Saturday and wasnt much better on Sunday. His list of things to moan about are getting quite extensive and is growing by the day.

Doubt if i'll see Prodigal again as hubby told him to sling his hook on Saturday. I was hoping i was getting through to him to see a mental health team too (Prodigal not hubby... though maybe i ought to book them both in). I'm in an awkward position. I can understand where hubby is coming from but if anything happens to our Son i will never forgive him for pushing him away.

Hubby is thinking of working away again after he has sat his jury service. Not enough hours/not enough money after expenses where he is at the moment. I'm not going to put him off either. I could do with a rest mentally.

Onwards and forwards,

have a great day all.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 30 January 2017 at 12:47PM
    Options
    Morning all.

A late post from me as I've been busy all morning - some days are just like that. Now I'm sitting at my fold up desk trying to get myself settle to sorting out things for semester two which starts this week. I've got two teaching sessions this time so double the prep and assessing.

Last night I decided to clear out my crockery cupboard as I don't need so many dishes these days. It's such a shame but they'll go to a good home.

I've got the front door open wide even though it's cold outside, I boiled six eggs, shelled them and made egg mayo so the place stinks of eggs, that needs to be swept out.

Happy rest of Monday to everyone.

PS in edit - my freezer dip for lunch today has turned up beef korma.
  • topsyturphy
    topsyturphy Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon everyone

Been mia again, rl been busy. Appeal with ds2 college was successful with a full action plan & support in place. He has now to make sure he makes the right choices and accept the support re dealing with grief about his grandad. He has also now moved to live with his dad, hope his dad gives him some time now, we will see. He moved back up north as he wanted to be near family, didn't want to stay with me.

Os today kitchen cleaned, washing hung up, dusting done. Off to work shortly only get home after 8 tonight. Had poached eggs on toast for lunch

Coxy & Lainey - sending (((hugs))).

Hugs to anyone that needs/wants one. Take care
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,876 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Late one from me today. Didn't get a chance to post this morning, and my boss has just left, so I'm taking the opportunity now.

DH heard today that he didn't get the job he second i/v for last Monday. So frustrating and makes me really sad that I can't make things happen for him. I feel the same frustration with my sister and that all she wants is her son back, and I can't help make it better. Feel quite teary today. The ladies I work with are being very kind to me luckily.

Not sure what is for dinner as DH will cook, but I have been organised enough to order a MrT shop to come tonight. This will hopefully save us some money as no impulse buys. Every cloud.

Need to work out what cakes to make for DS1s 18th on Sunday. We are having lunch with the family (paid for from savings) and then will come back to ours for cake and coffee. I made a lovely Nigel!a lemon meringue cake yesterday for DS2s birthday. Very light and just the right amount of sweetness.

Hope you all have a nice evening.
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good Afternoon Chums ,nice day today as my friend arrived bearing lots of balls of left over wool for my charity blanket stash.We had a lovely lunch and a great long natter and our holiday for this spring is confirmed at 21-28 April in Cheshire. We are going to sneak off on the Sunday to my nephew's church in Tottington,Lancashire and surprise him at morning service as I won't tell him when we are coming.Hopefully the weather will be brighter by then.Damp and overcast today. Just done some cheese toasties for the boys when they came home from school so I am the best Granny in the world at the moment (got a large cup of tea to prove it as well from Henry the 2nd youngest :))
    Hope everyone has stayed warm and dry today, nearly the end of January so spring isn't far off.

Cheers chums
    JackieO xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family