NPower Does It Again...

Options
Smodlet
Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
... Messed up, what they do best.

I first noticed my electricity and gas usage had doubled, according to my online account, in the middle of the Xmas period. I contacted nPower on 2nd January to tell them their website was showing wrong information and, after going through the whole nonsense of "Why has your usage doubled, do you think?" "It has not; your website is wrong" the muppet read off my gas usage for 2017: A little over 12,500 kwh, perfectly reasonable and correct. I told him the figure I was looking at was almost 25,000 kwh and he told me to "leave it for a week, it will probably be fixed."

As of yesterday, still wrong so contacted them again and this time spoke to someone who actually listened. During our conversation, she received a message from her "enhancer" (this week's term for a supervisor) stating every customer's "energy tracker" is affected. No wonder it took so long to get through on the phone. I did try the online chat first but, as usual, it was an exercise in futility.

To sum up, if anyone is with nPower and sees their usage has multiplied, worry not; Numpty Power are on the case!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yep, it is showing as double in kWh but not under £ cost! So half right/half wrong.

What a clever bunch of people.
  • xtra_time
    xtra_time Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I have just asked on twitter about this very thing. Did it on 1st of Jan saw it was very high and all the previous months had changed thought i would leave a while but looked today and still wrong. Thought it was just me obviously not
  • tbarson1
    tbarson1 Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    Where in the account can I check
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tbarson1 wrote: »
    Where in the account can I check

Click on the header "Energy Usage" at the top of the page between "Meter Readings" and "Account Activity". With any luck, you will see correct figures as my usage now shows these. It did not, yesterday.

At the risk of sounding conceited, I wonder if my suggestion during a conversation yesterday that it was a basic error in Excel and 2 years' usage had been added together had any bearing... Probably not.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure