Seriously?! Again?!

Options

Comments

• trixiepix
    Options
    Oh my days, this rings soooooo true!!
    I'm a complete liability with credit (currently struggling with keeping on the straight and narrow!!) as the devil on one shoulder is far more persuasive than the angel on the other......

As for weight, oh yes, an equally rollercoaster kind of ride - I do believe it's a personality trait (well it is with me) that all or nothing compulsive mindset.

xx I wish you luck on your journey xx

CATALOGUE - £500
    WEIGHT LOSS - 10 of 65lbs
    SAVINGS £500 of £2500 by 2018
  • luckylise
    Options
    Oh Rosylee, I think this is the same for so many on here. I wish you lots of luck in clearing your debt and shall follow you on your journey.

I would put £50 in your budget for emergency fund

I agree totally with enthusiasticsaver...try and build up an emergency fund, I find that once I have saved it rather that put it on a card, I'm much more likely to only use on a genuine emergency.
    Total Debt 31st August 2016 £34,586 :eek:
    Debt 29/03/17 £28,371 (18%)

31/01/17 3 Stone (42 lb) to lose
    29/03/17 21 lbs to lose
  • Rosylee
    Rosylee Posts: 201 Forumite
    Options
    How nice to have had some visitors! Thank you all for your comments. They are very helpful and much appreciated.

I definitely will be closing the CC enthusiastic saver. I have a small amount of savings with my credit union, about £300. I save £20 towards this every month. I will up it to £30 which is about all I can do for the moment. I like this type of saving as I cannot easily access this money. You have to make a withdrawal in person and its a schlepp to go into town in the middle of a weekday.

You are so right about the importance of weighing up a purchase against an essential expense. Much of my problems are because I want what I want when I want it because it releases lots of nice chemicals in my brain that makes me feel good...a lot like food. Oh! I' m seeing a pattern here lol...

The sad thing is if I didn't have the debt I have I could fly home every month if I wanted to...my monthly payments are close to a grand, and I don't mean to European destinations,I mean long haul flights. That's just hit me...I could be seeing my mother 2 or 3 times per year instead of every 5. How disgraceful. I don't know what to say, except to bow my head in shame
  • Rosylee
    Options
    Declaring a £39 spend to pay DD's Duke of Edinburgh application. Still waiting for balance transfer to come through.....it's like watching paint dry....
  • Rosylee
    Options
    Just had a letter from HSBC saying they are increasing my credit limit yet again. Ha!! Little do the know that as soon as the balance transfers are done not only will I be rejecting their offer but also closing the account.
  • Rosylee
    Options
    Well a little progress...the pin for my new card has arrived...which is of no use as I do not intend to spend on it. But fingers crossed the card itself arrives. I just want that awful balance to be transferred. The longer it stays in its current place the more interest I have to pay.

I had a little chuckle today. After receiving the 'generous' offer from the bank with a credit limit increase, I noticed someone has messed up somewhere. While the offer was only an increase of £1000,effectively just giving me a few hundred quid extra as my balance is close to the original limit, my credit available states I have around £7000 extra credit! No doubt the mistake will be picked up soon. Good job I will be closing the account.

Today has been a nsd. I have listed 3 educational books on eBay but have very little hope it will sell. I never seem to sell anything people actually want.

Muscle food order arrived. I was reasonably pleased with it, not enough to order from them again though. I can see we will be eating chicken breasts for days on end. Not my favourite part of the chicken, but hey ho, food is food.

Well that's it for me tonight.
  • Rosylee
    Options
    Finally the balance transfer came through....It's left a small balance which I will need to transfer. At the time of applying I gave the exact balance forgetting there were a few purchases pending. That's probably why the available credit was skewed...the transfer was in process but not complete.

Today will hopefully be another NSD. It's a long way to payday
  • Rosylee
    Options
    Not a NSD as planned but didn't break the bank either. I spent £7.01 at Tesco. I bought strawberries, raspberries, 2 bananas, and fixings for a salad. I treated myself to a 63p bottle of Perrier water as I was very thirsty.

I transferred the last £400 to my CC. Now all my debt is on 0% finance. As soon as the HSBC account reads a zero balance I will close the account. I am really worried about doing that but at the same time I am scared I will spend on it again. No, the right thing to do is close it.

I did a snowball now that my balances have transferred. My debt free date is in 63 months. It's seem a long time. Oh well the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. I am taking that step.

I also plan to make a PAD by skimming my account.

I realised today I am going to have to make provision for Christmas. If I don't I won't have any money to buy my daughter any presents. No point overpaying debt only to make more as I have now spare cash because of overpaying. YNAB explain it really well. Fund your true expenses,so you don't incur more debt . This is going to take some creative thinking

Well off to bed. So tired. Long day tomorrow
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DofE gets expensive but as somebody with their gold award, I say the experience is totally worth it :) Knowing what I know now, I'd be more savvy on buying some of the gear for the expedition second hand (rucksack etc - Mom paid about £70 for it, and I just flogged it to my sister for £30 10 years on so a nice little profit for me :rotfl: ) but I really recommend a very good sleeping bag.

Well done on getting all of the debt to be interest free; that's a huge step and you WILL feel better when the HSBC account is closed.

If your daughter is old enough for DofE, would she appreciate something like a spa package? I'm thinking you might be able to grab a deal on Groupon or something. Plus if you can get earning cashback through sites like Quidco, or doing surveys etc, most of those let you withdraw in Amazon vouchers :)
  • Rosylee
    Options
    DD265 wrote: »
    DofE gets expensive but as somebody with their gold award, I say the experience is totally worth it :) Knowing what I know now, I'd be more savvy on buying some of the gear for the expedition second hand (rucksack etc - Mom paid about £70 for it, and I just flogged it to my sister for £30 10 years on so a nice little profit for me :rotfl: ) but I really recommend a very good sleeping bag.

Well done on getting all of the debt to be interest free; that's a huge step and you WILL feel better when the HSBC account is closed.

If your daughter is old enough for DofE, would she appreciate something like a spa package? I'm thinking you might be able to grab a deal on Groupon or something. Plus if you can get earning cashback through sites like Quidco, or doing surveys etc, most of those let you withdraw in Amazon vouchers :)

Thanks for your message DD. Really good ideas. Will certainly look into second hand gear for D of E. We have just finished paid £790 for a ski trip in January and that will need gear too! I've been ringing round to see if charities will take her on for volunteering but unsurprisingly many say she is too young at 14. Leaving us with a couple of charity shops. She has an interview in the morning for one. I am also going to see if the local school might be interested.

I will be doing as many surveys as I can but will also keep an eye out for groupon deals. Not likely a spa...she is in that awkward stage of embarrassment. But I am sure I will come up with something. She had loads for her birthday back in July so one runs out of ideas too cos she has everything a teen could want. I have decided that Christmas presents will not exceed £300.

Declaring a spend of £20.70 for 3 maths tuition books

Weigh in tomorrow. I have been on plan for 5 days. I know I have lost some weight but the scales may not reflect as I had a gain two weeks ago when I was last at group. Fingers crossed.

My hubby continues to look for a job. They are hard to find. He has an interview next week, so far from home though.

Right am ready for bed, been a tough old week, and have to be up early
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport