We Are Decking the Halls with NSDs December Challenge

Options

Comments

• The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    Not posted for a few days as I wasn't sure I had NSDs, then I had a d'oh moment when I realised that on a spend day last month I had put aside money for Christmas pressies and therefore they were covered :D

So up to 7 please :p
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    NSD No 8 today.
    Is all.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • VickyV
    VickyV Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all,

Just checking in with NSD #5 for today. Went to the shopping mall/centre thingy with the kids today and only spent money out of the christmas budget!

Not leaving the house again today as we'll be putting the christmas-tree-smiley-emoticon.gif up (if, at any point today the kids deign to put their toys away)

And thanks IF for the link to the smileys!
    x
    Grocery challenge:December 2022 £151.96/£400 . Advent decluttering challenge 47/240.
  • EverTheOptimist
    Options
    NSD #3 today. :j Better start to this month than last. Seem to be planning a little better. Was so close to buying some tinned tomatoes to put in my sausage casserole, but resisted and just made with stock instead. Yay me. :D just hope it tastes ok. Bit of a trial and error meal.

Hope i can get another couple of NSD's this week.
    SPC 14 Target £200 /
    Debt: £11850
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    I also managed to chip one of my front teeth on a beer bottle last night (don't ask, long story) which is really annoying. I feel like a total hillbilly with a broken gnasher and am rather peeved as I don't have so much as a filling to date :mad: was the result of some silly horseplay - argh! It's not a massive chip (though feels bigger than it is) just hope it doesn't affect the rest of the tooth, and going to have to phone my dentist tomorrow. Just hoping that he'll repair it under my dental cover as it's visible at the front and it's not classed as cosmetic as that could be one costly bottle of beer :eek:

Ohhhhh noooooo!

I've got a (tiny now thankfully - and no-one really notices it until I tell them) scar bang centre in the middle of my forehead from a similar horseplay session:o. Hope you can get it repaired OK
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Look who I found on the coupon drivel thread

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThvsvyMWyTEhyFnc6178Ai01M9_jY-2q0dKDVjSGi2mZEmownn1g

Awwwwwww :D

Well .... not one for me - confession time I didn't sleep well last night (after sleeping most of the day!) and waded through many ... many .... many pages of ..... handbags on e*bay (I'm blaming the Bail*eys I had) - although I didn't actually buy any last night :T I did add rather a lot :o (and I mean a lot) to my watch list - which I found earlier today .... and just couldn't resist one:o

It is sort of a need :o - although I had lots of bags at one point, I have sold most of them so don't have that many now, although - I guess that could be open to interpretation - what's a normal amount?

Anyway, it's for work and has an across body strap - I find with my winter coat (maybe the extra thickness?) mine are all slipping off my shoulder as they've mostly got short handles - and it's driving be bananas:o .....
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Zipadee doodah, zipadee-ay, I got another NSD today.....

making it now 3 NSDs in the Cauldron of Doom!!!

(No, Igor, that is not a traditional Christmas song. We do carols and wassailing songs and stuff like that. Yes, wassailing, you know, with the huge punch bowl full of mulled alcofrolic stuff, and mince pies. No, not mince as in minced beef. No, not mince as in that funny way Hubert walks when he's been shoplifting the stilettos again. Mincemeat. That sweet stuff. No, you will not find it in the recipe book "Mrs Beaton meets the Hairy Bikers". That is not a genuine book anyway, she died in her twenties back in the 19th century. What? She got a ghost writer to do it for her.....?)

Igor says he is going to organise a NSD gang Christmas concert with only a couple of weeks to go, and do the wassail punch, and make all the mince pies, and arrange the music, and rehearse the NSD gang choir...
    I feel one of my headaches coming on again.....
    One life - your life - live it!
  • purple.sarah
    purple.sarah Posts: 2,517 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I join please? I'm a little late to this thread but I'm going to go for 10 NSDs total and 4 in a row.
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    chris81418 wrote: »
    Yes nearly there marmite and beanie fingerscrossed.jpg. I'm a lil tentative if I'm honest, as I have to fork out for a couple of things this month so I may have to wait an extra payday, and I won't believe it until I 've paid off that final penny! :money:

The end is in sight though.:)

Well,I did manage not to spend today,so that's #7 taken care of.:j

kerri what bad luck with the tooth.
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    Can I join please? I'm a little late to this thread but I'm going to go for 10 NSDs total and 4 in a row.

Hi purple.sarah and welcome!:wave:

Freeby will add you to the front page.Hope you enjoy the challenge!
  • penny73_2
    Options
    NSD 3 achieved today
    Hopefully I will be able to get my 3 in a row this week as
    Monday - work then swimming
    Tuesday - parents evening until 8pm
    Wednesday - meeting of committee
    No spending until Thursday ( or at least that's the theory :rotfl:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure