PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

bread makers

Options
is it cheaper and easier to make bread through a bread making machine than buy it at the shops, can you make anything else in it and whats the electric usage like.does it take ages to cook. Somebody once told me a slowcooker is just like leaving a light bulb on is that right?? is it the same for BM

which one is a good buy, maybe to do other stuff in it also like cakes etc, been looking on ebay but getting stuck, or is there a cheaper web address
Thanks Tracey

Comments

• moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I wouldn't say it was cheaper (although it can be) and it certainly isn't easier but it's much more worthwhile and tastes better.

As for makes of machines, it's each to their own really. I have a Morphy Richards twin loaf rapide which I am really happy with but others rave over the Panasonic.

It also depends on the machine as to what you can do in them.
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • Kazonline
    Kazonline Posts: 1,472 Forumite
    Options
    There is a thread on here somewhere that goes into this a bit - if you use the search tool you should find it. I would do it for you but my fingers etc are sore from hammering (and missing)
    January '06 Grocery Challenge (4th - 31st) £320.
    Week 1 - £73.99 Week 2 £5.10 (so far :p )
    Someone burst my bubble and I lost the plot so no idea what I spent now... :(I will try to work it out.
    Other Jan :- Petrol £20.41, Clothes £8.50, House £3.
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Everything you ever wanted to know about breadmaking:-

The Complete Breadmaker Collection
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport