Pension / SIPP for my partner

Options
I have a pension in work where I am putting away 15% a month, work contributes 6% and I put in 9% via salary sacrifice.

We also invest £250 a month in Vanguard LS 80%.

Her work only has automatic enrollment, which is of course a rather poor deal and is a couple of percent.

Would anyone have any recommendations as to a pension scheme or a different idea we could consider to help plan her side of the pension to be better? Not sure whether she should just start putting a few hundred a month into a S&S ISA account or consider a 3rd party pension plan etc.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Tom_Brine
    Tom_Brine Posts: 80 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    HI

Could she open a SIPP through a low cost provider?

You are already versed in investing in funds with your vanguard fund, Cavendish online offers a fund supermarket pension scheme (minimum £160 per month contribution with a £40 top up from the government for basic rate taxpayers) where you choose your own funds.

I suggested the above to a friend of mine who is also on auto enrollment as a viable alternative. I have a S&S ISA with them and they are a good low cost provider to start up with.
  • Zola.
    Zola. Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks Tom!

Have you any thoughts as to a platform that would be suitable?

She is 30 and starting from scratch effectively.

With my pension and our investments running each month, we would probably be after something that is reasonable aggressive for 10-15 years for her, and then mellow down as we enter the mid 40s onwards.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure