Halfords autocenter charges more than the halfords shop that it shares the building

Options
2»

Comments

• deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    I presume they are ran as different company's, if you take it away to get the bulb at Halfords you will need to rebook it in for another MOT , in the end is it worth your time and effort to save £10.

My car failed at Kia for a rear wiper, it cost £23 could of gone to Euro Car parts next door and got one for £12 but then would have to rebook the MOT and travel 30 mile round trip, wasn't worth it
  • tedted
    tedted Posts: 374 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    rear wiper is not part of mot,never has been
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    tedted wrote: »
    rear wiper is not part of mot,never has been

really ?

hmmm, they told me it needed one ggrrr
  • sevenhills
    sevenhills Posts: 5,914 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hettyGreek wrote: »
    The basic job of changing a lightbulb they charge £25, even though the halfords shop they share the building with 1 minute walk away charges less to buy and fit it. So it works about the same as if I just get a whole new not done!

I believe they charge £25 for the MOT, the maximum cost is £54.85, you might get more leniency when a garage charges the full price.
  • iolanthe07
    Options
    I've always found Halfords pretty good, though they do get !!!!!! off when people buy a child seat from Amazon and then ask Halford's to fit it free!
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure