Is housing benifit still paid if I sign off?

Options

Comments

• jack84
    jack84 Posts: 31 Forumite
    edited 25 September 2016 at 10:27PM
    Options
    Ill take the help on board, and report the silly people who think its ok to make nasty comments about somebodies situation . And helpfull people...... please keep helping :) Your the people making this forum great :)
  • missbiggles1
    missbiggles1 Posts: 17,481 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 23 September 2016 at 10:16AM
    Options
    Most people who are bringing children up properly on a low income will need to spend every penny of their child related benefits to ensure that their children live a life full of experience and opportunity.

I don't really see much difference between smoking and drinking this money (and obviously there are parents who do this) and using it to buy the parents' food and pay the utilities - both are a misuse of public money and a way of cheating the children.
  • jack84
    jack84 Posts: 31 Forumite
    edited 25 September 2016 at 10:28PM
    Options
    I agree with that, and so had a change of heart.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,422 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes, I am content to be looked after by the state for a temporary period,

But surely the point is that if you are fit to work ( which appears to be the case) then you should be gainfully employed?

You indicated that you would easily find a job if you put your mind to it!

Benefits aren't there to enable you to make a lifestyle choice to live on state support while you consider your options!
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    i received a warning today.
    apparently the OP reported me for saying that they should be using their children benefits in order to avoid fulfilling their job seekers agreement.

how people get so offended by the truth amazes me
  • Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    Options
    To be fair, nannytone, as well as that post, I recall you said the OP, "was being less than honest." I assume that's the post that breached the rules, as it's been removed from this thread.

Opinions are fine. Accusing OPs of dishonesty would breach MSE rules.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mersey wrote: »
    To be fair, nannytone, as well as that post, I recall you said the OP, "was being less than honest." I assume that's the post that breached the rules, as it's been removed from this thread.

Opinions are fine. Accusing OPs of dishonesty would breach MSE rules.

no it wasn't, because the offending post was quoted.

and the 'less than honest' remark was in response to the OP saying that they were coming off JSA to 'save the taxpayer money', when they had already stated that they didn't want to comply with the job seekers agreement
  • Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    Options
    Ah, so two of your posts on this thread breached the rules. I see now.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
  • catz1ct
    catz1ct Posts: 828 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can claim HB / cts on nil income but expect a lot of questions from the council and they may ask you to provide evidence of bank statements every month.

I know you say it's a big stress, etc but at the end of the day it is free money you can get and the council will want to know why you are not claiming it. IMO a visit to the JCP once a week is not that bad when you consider they are paying you for it. Some people dread going to work every day because they feel like they are being bullied and they have to stay there for 8 hrs a day.

Can you have a break in your JSA claim so you start from scratch and get a new advisor and you don't have to do the work?

Why are you struggling to find jobs?
    :rotfl:
  • just_trying
    just_trying Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 25 September 2016 at 1:46AM
    Options
    good luck, you're entitled to claim, due to your income.

Sometimes those who shout the most are claiming more than you. And to preach what your spending it on, do kids not eat, use electric etc.

If your on the work programme you could be there every day not just once a week, use you're own c.v. obviously the other isn't working after 2 years, they won't know any different.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure