Overhead & Profit

Options
I've just started to get quotes for a 27m sq single story extension & one includes overheads of 9% & a profit of 15% does that seem to be OK.

Comments

• krey
    krey Posts: 132 Forumite
    Options
    that's just some BS, if it were true than yeah it would be OK, actually no , the company doing it would go broke within a month from working with 15% profits in construction ;)
    could it be an extra 15% surcharge on their profits- yup...
  • southcoastrgi
    southcoastrgi Posts: 6,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 21 September 2016 at 10:51PM
    Options
    krey wrote: »
    that's just some BS, if it were true than yeah it would be OK, actually no , the company doing it would go broke within a month from working with 15% profits in construction ;)
    could it be an extra 15% surcharge on their profits- yup...

So what would say is an acceptable profit ? Because in another thread you seem to think the OP is getting ripped off & suggest buying the materials herself therefore taking all of the installers profit & moaning that getting an engineer to stop you killing yourself isn't worth the small amount you paid them ?
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • Furts
    Furts Posts: 4,474 Forumite
    Options
    I think it is very open and up front for the figures to be stated in the manner they are. Admirable, but from a contractors perspective but perhaps foolish because countless consumers do not want to consider, then pay, profit.

I also think the figures excellent and know the 15% could be much higher.

I have a couple of small repair jobs going on where it could be argued the overhead figure is over 100%.
  • carpetseller
    Options
    Furts wrote: »
    I think it is very open and up front for the figures to be stated in the manner they are. Admirable, but from a contractors perspective but perhaps foolish because countless consumers do not want to consider, then pay, profit.

I also think the figures excellent and know the 15% could be much higher.

I have a couple of small repair jobs going on where it could be argued the overhead figure is over 100%.

Thanks for your reply I thought the quote was fair I just wanted to get other peoples opinion of the profits & overheads. The quote was £21,000 for a 27m sq block on block single floor shell (including profits & overheads) & I'll be contracting the other trades myself.
  • HaydenB
    HaydenB Posts: 155 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    the company doing it would go broke within a month from working with 15% profits in construction.

Really??? Not in my experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport