Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    ETA - even happier bunny:
    - happiness one - gave up on the Sainsbury website yesterday for good, and today I put an order through on the Asda website - why, oh why, did I not just move to Asda months ago? Just because their store isn't in walking distance, doesn't mean they don't deliver :o I'm sure I've saved at least a tenner.

I've just said on my diary that I'm currently waiting for my Adsa order to be delivered

I still go to Sainsbury's for my weekly shop as it's the most convenient place to go. After a lifetime of detesting grocery shopping, I actually quite enjoy it now I've got the time.

But I've started doing a big Asda shop every 2 - 3 months for the bulky restock type of shop.

Asda is certainly cheaper than Sainsbury's on the majority of lines and I've got no problems with the quality.

But I still have a couple of reservations. I'm not keen on the 2 hour delivery slots. This afternoon my delivery slot is between 2 - 4 o'clock, and I'm constantly looking out of the window wondering where they are. Also, last time, lots of my items were substitutions. This time I've ticked that I don't want substitutions, and I'm wondering if I'll only get half of my order.

Hopefully all will be revealed in the next hour
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Good luck Goldiegirl!

I've been thinking about this... and I used to live out in a little village and had a veg box delivered by a whole food shop a few miles away. They'd bring anything you asked, so I used to get most of my stuff there each week , delivered to the door :j I loved it :rotfl: Although it was rather on the expensive side... but I had a live in job at the time so few other expenses.

so I suspect I *could* happily go to supermarket deliveries :D Except Mr Cheery is in charge of the food shopping at the minute and he *loves* going to the supermarket :rotfl: but doesn't always get everything I want, or top up fruit etc as often as I'd like, so I often end up wandering past the local shop too...

Anyway, no idea why I'm trying to justify my own shopping choices on your thread KC, sorry! :o Online works for *you* and that's what matters! :j :j
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    How's the mould KC :D
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Here's to shopping the way it suits each one of us :beer::beer::beer:

gallygirl wrote: »
    How's the mould KC :D
    Oh no :rotfl: I thought I'd managed to avoid that question :D Well, truthfully, I haven't dealt with every single scrap - but 90% has been dealt with, and there are two windows open all the time, creating a nice through draft in which no new mould can build, plus my washing is dried outside now, and .... and ... I'm sorry, okay ;) I got lost in the weeding :beer: and the teeth (I wonder if there's anything else I can think of to blame it on :D).

Enjoying the writing too, btw :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    :wave: Hi KC :)
    Gosh CBC, £247 in a weekend? :eek: :j That's brilliant, well done you! :j I've only ever done one car boot sale - can't remember how much I made but I think it was about £7.50 and we spent a fiver on tea and cake while we were there :o :rotfl: Obviously don't have your skills! :j

I certainly don't have any selling skills whatsoever, Cheery Daff:rotfl:. What I do is take as much stuff as I possibly can get in the car (no helper, just me so can cram front passenger seat and foot well as well). Have a good size hatchback and with the back seats down I can get loads in! Sometimes the suspension looks very low:eek: and I can only see what's behind me with the wing mirrors. I've often seen sellers arrive ages after me but because there are 2 or more of them and they have less stuff to set out they are up and selling whilst I'm still dragging boxes out of the depths of the car:o. Plus, I'm usually happy to take price cuts and try to sell at boot sales that I know are busy and popular.
    Just things I've learned over many years of doing it.
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    KC thanks for your top tips. *winks*
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Our electricity came back on at 4.30 (off since 9). Only have electricity and oil-fired heating here in the sticks so felt lost. Amazing how much we depend on electricity:o.

Decided to catch upon some paperwork but it was such a dark and gloomy rainy day that I had problems seeing what I was doing. Those poor generations of people having to read and do everything by candlelight! It must have been very harmful to their eyesight:eek:

I'm glad your mould problem appears to be largely solved, KC. Well done for making such an all-out effort to remedy it:beer:. Sorry to say mine has defeated me:o
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Hi CBC! The mould has overwhelmed you? :( sorry to hear that - like GG said a while back, the original cause has to be sorted - in my case, it was mainly the exterior wall needing repointing so badly, not really drying off the washing, tho that really didn't help. What's the main cause for yours, do you think?

Had a bit of a walk - eyes were shutting, I was so tired :o and I only collected two elderflower heads, so stood about in my garden collecting rose petals! Swooshed them together, collected a few more strawbs, and the first of the raspberries, and froze everything :j I *will* have exotic jam :D

The Asda delivery today, we'll see. Must pay off my credit card, possibly bank some cheques, and most definitely focus on the writing :)

Hope everyone has a lovely day :)
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Amazon payment of £28.17 cycled through to savings account :)
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning!

How are your fangs now?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing