CC needed, bad credit, use UK & abroad - advice pleaseu

Options
Cate1976
Cate1976 Posts: 406 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 18 April 2014 at 6:13PM in Credit cards
Title covers it. Need credit card not only to pay deposit for short holiday in Belgium but also for use on the holiday. Credit score is bad enough that soft check on MSE only gives 50:50 chance of acceptance Vanquis card. Main use for CC would be to pay for things in shops & online. I will pay it off in full each month not only to avoid paying interest but also want to improve my score. In the last few months, I've been able to get 2 mobile phone contracts & a Next a/c with £150 limit. Is it worth me going for the Capital One card or am I looking at present pays? I was looking at the Cash plus with credit builder last night but slightly put off by the £4.95 month fee/loan. Ideas on best card for me very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Would a Pre-Paid Mastercard not do?
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The only option IMO is the bottom end of the market ie Aqua or its like or a secured credit card - Capital one has one of them.
  • Cate1976
    Cate1976 Posts: 406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks to both of you, have applied for & am waiting for the pre paid CashPlus to arrive. Going to make sure it's the full access account so I can set up an SO each week, handy that it can be used abroad as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure