New but not new - Year 1 of 5!

Options

Comments

• Betterthanever
    Options
    Monday again. We had a good weekend away for the Great North Run although I am shattered now....it's a long way from home! Still, it was good. Quite expensive, as expected, although DH paid a fair bit of it too, so it could be worse. I shall be updating my spending diary today and set this week's grocery challenges.

Have been making use of the 25p off Costa when using your own travel cup....that's definitely saved a few £ this weekend! :money::coffee:

DH is a little sceptical about the survey sites and clicks.... doesn't see how they will make me money. Little does he know I am an old hand at such things. The gauntlet has been laid down and I will be setting myself a target that will pay for a fab holiday when we are MF..... doubters may doubt....but they won't do so for long:rotfl:

Have a good week:D
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Monday again. We had a good weekend away for the Great North Run although I am shattered now....it's a long way from home! Still, it was good. Quite expensive, as expected, although DH paid a fair bit of it too, so it could be worse. I shall be updating my spending diary today and set this week's grocery challenges.
    I bet it was a great atmosphere :j I'm afraid my grocery challenge these days is finding the delivery slots that only cost £1 - it saves me a lot of time and energy in getting everything delivered, and a single tiny little pound is a compromise I'm willing to make. No more unless its an emergency though :D
    Have been making use of the 25p off Costa when using your own travel cup....that's definitely saved a few £ this weekend! :money::coffee:
    I didn't know about that! I have a travel much (from a charity shop :D) so I'll be stashing that in my sister's car, possibly :rotfl:
    DH is a little sceptical about the survey sites and clicks.... doesn't see how they will make me money. Little does he know I am an old hand at such things. The gauntlet has been laid down and I will be setting myself a target that will pay for a fab holiday when we are MF..... doubters may doubt....but they won't do so for long:rotfl:

Have a good week:D
    Abso-bleeping-lutely :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: a woman on a mission. Financially independent, Retiring Early :j

You're going to be there *so* fast now that thats your goal :j
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ohhhhh, I know who you are! So great to see you back. It was your diaries that really inspired me to get debt free and now mortgage free(wannabe).

Hope there's good news on the hip soon, must be so ruddy annoying!
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    KC, Nero let you use your own mug too....extra reward stamps are given I think. It all helps when you rely on your coffee as much as I do!!

Nice to see you Pooky!! I'm so glad so many of us have made it over to MFW!

I've set a modest clicks and survey target so that I don't let it take over (I have a life now, which I certainly didn't have first time round!!), But it is a doable target that will prove quite a lot in time!!
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    So.... I've requested my first £5 cash out. I won't count it until it is in my account, but it's a start in my "prove-a-point" mission. Storecupboard dinner.....tuna and sweetcorn pasta bake with extra veg. First shopmium refund requested and the ticket machine on the bus wasn't working so a free ride home and the resulting£1.80 saving transferred into the extra savings pot.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad you had a great weekend and all went well :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    So.... I've requested my first £5 cash out. I won't count it until it is in my account, but it's a start in my "prove-a-point" mission. Storecupboard dinner.....tuna and sweetcorn pasta bake with extra veg. First shopmium refund requested and the ticket machine on the bus wasn't working so a free ride home and the resulting£1.80 saving transferred into the extra savings pot.

Good luck proving your point with knobs on - you'll definitely do it now!
    I did my first Shopium request last week and they paid up really quickly
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    When I was on mse before, my then husband was very aware of all the extra ways we got the cash in so it was easy to just get on with it. My new, fabulous, lovely husband is financially savvy but not really aware of the *real* MSE methods. He'll learn, though!!

I'm looking forward to receiving the first few extra £££!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm going through the same issues with my *brother*, believe it or not. We talk much more than we used to, and he regards himself as financially savvy because when he was raising his kids he was poor (because he was injured at work) and because he enjoys shopping at Lidl etc. But he's never changed utilities provider, even, so he has quite a way to go. I did persuade him to open a savings account, so he's definitely listening to some thing :)

I don't know anything about shopmium :o:o:o better look for a thread on the shopping forum here!
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • maia_evo
    Options
    I am doing the same looking for "Shopium". #alwayslearning
    Take care of the here and now and the future will be taken care of.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure