PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Thread Tuesday 11th October 2016

Options
2»

Comments

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Gloomy outside. Grey/Dark blue in the skies.

Took me bloody 2 hours and 20 minutes to get into work this morning - for no reason. There wasn't an accident or anything I could see which makes it even more annoying.

Yesterday was another NSD thankfully. We opted for a lazy night in which the debate around the dinner table was "what makes a good manager". Sat there for a good couple of hours with a couple of glasses of wine.

Afterwards we watched the Tony Robins documentary on Netflix which was interesting about how he inspires and motivates people. Very clever guy, I would recommend it.

Tonight is FIFA Tuesdays. So I'll go to the gym from work and then chill out for a couple of hours. Hopefully squeeze in some Kondo'ing too.

LWW - Hope work isn't too bad today.
    Coxy - Enjoy your well deserved week off
    Lainey - Sounds like a lovely day, glad you both enjoyed it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good Morning chums and another bright sunny day (crisp and dry :)so far I have managed not to put the heating on as I think it makes the summer/autumn seem a bit longer, and the winter shorter if I can manage without it before mid-October IYSWIM :)

I was going to coffee morning this morning but decided to stay indoors and make my DD a nice cake instead. Tonight is Quiz night so I don't need to cook this evening as I get fed along with the quiz :) great night out for £2.00, a bargain I think

The weather is just so gorgeous at the moment and I am revelling in the brightness of the days .Soon enough the grey days of winter will be here and the long dark nights.

Just had a text from DGS Ben to say he is looking forward to our weekend away in November for his Dads birthday down on the IoW.6 weeks this Friday and will will all be off on a mini break,hopfully it won't be too cold ,but we all have coats and wet weather gear so its not too much of a problem .

Right off to do some baking ,have a good day chums what ever you are doing

JackieO xx
  • Slowly57
    Slowly57 Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    :hello: Morning All

Managed to avoid the worst of a migraine by getting meds down quickly before the puking started

Sorry tmi):(

Feel like I've got the hangover from hell now and will feel like this for most of the day I expect. I put the heating on for an hour to cheer myself up lol. So frustrating, as I had plans for today and now I'm just going to have to wait this out. Patience is over-rated!!

Hugs/positivity and xxxxx's to all who want them.

To those in a dark place, keep going - I'll put the kettle on - you can do this.

Have a fab day all and be kind to yourselves xx
    2022 | Back to the fold - need a Money Saving mojo reboot!

Grocery Challenge JAN 2022 £200/£185.00 left!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Made a sponge cake for DD and then sat and watched my favourite chap on tv on a catch-up programme. Its called The Victorians and has Jeremy Paxton in it and its on a Monday night on BBC4 Its my treat of the week I could happily watch that man all day :):):) Great programme as well :)

Round at DDs now just waiting for the boys to come thundering through the door after school.Its Tuesday so they get pancakes for a snack :) to keep them going until their dinner this evening.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 11 October 2016 at 3:58PM
    Options
    Tru don't feel bad; you've found a regime that works better for Scampi, so enjoy it with him. :o
    Here's what Bailey and Cassie's "game station" looked like. :D

DSC03931_zps098e72dd.jpg

There's their grooming kit, a mug of coffee, and a cloth for wiping slobber off my hands (yuk!!) on the little table. :D

Slowly hope you feel better by now - migraines are the absolute pits!
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Slowly57
    Options
    Feeling much better LameWolf, thanks. I could feel this coming on about 4am but was so comfy I didn't want to move lol. I was up at 5.30 and got my meds in before the real nausea started - if I can do that I can usually sleep it off. Not had one for several months - so out of practice - but yes - the absolute pits.

That's a lovely picture of the doggies - must go out the back door and see if any of my neighbour's dogs need a ball throwing or a fuss now ...

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The chap with the two-tone face is Bailey, who crossed Rainbow Bridge not long ago. Always a place in my heart for him. :heart2:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    DD and her brother in law are popping round tonight for a bite to eat before going to badminton. I have made carrot and coriander soup. marinated chicken and meatballs which will make two separate dishes.

DD has just come round on her own as SIL had to work at home.

We had a nice chat and meal and she set off for the gym loaded up with two home made meals and a container of soup. I have done a load of washing for her which will go on the airer tonight. Another load is in the machine and the dishwasher is loaded. There are a couple of containers of soup in my fridge and a couple of meals so I am all set for healthy eating for the next couple of days.

Hugs to all.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Elona I am so envious of your daughters, you do laundry, feed them, make meals to take home and pick up their messages! Please can you adopt me?!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Slowly57
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    The chap with the two-tone face is Bailey, who crossed Rainbow Bridge not long ago. Always a place in my heart for him. :heart2:

Beautiful boy - we had two old lady cats who crossed just before we moved here. Our neighbours have dogs (one lady 'fosters' rescue dogs) so I am spoilt for choice - they are all such darlings. Our animals never really leave us do they? xx

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure