Cover for missed 'connection'

Options
2»

Comments

• leylandsunaddict
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    just wondering what you would call it if not public transport

Fair comment. So do you think an insurance company would pay out if a bus or train you were on 24 hrs prior was delayed, causing you to miss a flight?
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Fair comment. So do you think an insurance company would pay out if a bus or train you were on 24 hrs prior was delayed, causing you to miss a flight?

Yes i think so
  • RBizz
    RBizz Posts: 38 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, I am with AmEx travel insurance so will call them tonight, just wanted to see if anyone had a similar situation to save me spending forever on hold :)
    No way to take a different flight, as both are part of separate package holidays
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    I would say it wouldn't.

If you look at it logically then the two trips are, theoretically, independent of each other.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I would say it wouldn't.

If you look at it logically then the two trips are, theoretically, independent of each other.

How is that relevant? A car journey to the airport is just as independent from a flight and there are still insurances that will cover should your car break down and you miss your flight.
  • slinga
    slinga Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Got a similar question.
    We are flying Singapore to LHR on Swiss next March.

First Class from Singapore to Zurich and then BC Zurich to LHR.

There is 55min between flights arriving and departing in Zurich.

What might happen if the flight from Singapore to Zurich is delayed and we miss our connection to LHR?
    It's your money. Except if it's the governments.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    slinga wrote: »
    Got a similar question.
    We are flying Singapore to LHR on Swiss next March.

First Class from Singapore to Zurich and then BC Zurich to LHR.

There is 55min between flights arriving and departing in Zurich.

What might happen if the flight from Singapore to Zurich is delayed and we miss our connection to LHR?

I assume is all on one ticket, if so then the airline will put you on the next available flight ( in my case at AMS this year that was almost 24 hours later)

better to start your own thread as this is a different topic
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I do not think that this is an insurable risk. Could you change your flights?

Yes it is covetable but you have to a lot of legwork to find it.
    Let me help though. Multi trip.com include it in one of their premium packages. I use them because we do a lot of Ex Eu trips.

We missed our connection back to London from Copenhagen due to the late incoming aircraft we were on. The only flight back was the next morning so we booked into the airport Hilton. Cost was £250 of which our insurers paid all but our excess of £90
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    just wondering what you would call it if not public transport

Yes this is what our insurers call it. Failure of public transport is covered so I rang them before accepting the policy to make sure it included missed air travel as public transport.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure