Appealing PIP decision and supplementary payments

Options
hi there it has been a while since I have been on site so like to say hi to all

I hope someone can help me with question

I had been getting dla and was given a pip assessment in which I was awarded nil points. Obviously I have asked for a reconsideration.

I am just trying to work out worse case scenario regarding finances

I work 25 hours per week as a single person and qualified for tax credits as disability premium was allowed as iro dla but I would not qualify using any of the other qualifying benefit conditions therefore once dla finishes in march my tax credit will also end

if I appeal I know I may get help with supplementary payment for dla entitlement which was low rate only but as I said it did help me with tax credits and helped me continue to work and support me financially

I have been reading online and head is turning but would I also get a supplementary payment to cover loss of disability premium for tax credits or is this only payable to someone who still would have an entitlement to tax credit even after disability premium would be removed ?

sorry for being a long winded but hope someone can help

Comments

• Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I don't believe there would be a supplementary payment, but if your PIP appeal is successful tax credits should be reinstated and backdated to the DWP PIP decision date.

Are you getting help with the appeal?
    Would it be possible to get a extra 5 hours work a week to achieve the 30 hour non disabled criteria?
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • rockingbilly
    Options
    jenny45 wrote: »
    hi there it has been a while since I have been on site so like to say hi to all

I hope someone can help me with question

I had been getting dla and was given a pip assessment in which I was awarded nil points. Obviously I have asked for a reconsideration.

I am just trying to work out worse case scenario regarding finances

I work 25 hours per week as a single person and qualified for tax credits as disability premium was allowed as iro dla but I would not qualify using any of the other qualifying benefit conditions therefore once dla finishes in march my tax credit will also end

if I appeal I know I may get help with supplementary payment for dla entitlement which was low rate only but as I said it did help me with tax credits and helped me continue to work and support me financially

I have been reading online and head is turning but would I also get a supplementary payment to cover loss of disability premium for tax credits or is this only payable to someone who still would have an entitlement to tax credit even after disability premium would be removed ?

sorry for being a long winded but hope someone can help

Are you in Northern Ireland by any chance.
    In the Province you do get a payment to part cover your loss of DLA as long as you are appealing the PIP decision.
  • jenny45
    jenny45 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Alice_Holt wrote: »
    I don't believe there would be a supplementary payment, but if your PIP appeal is successful tax credits should be reinstated and backdated to the DWP PIP decision date.

Are you getting help with the appeal?
    Would it be possible to get a extra 5 hours work a week to achieve the 30 hour non disabled criteria?

hi yes I am getting help regarding appeal and I know it can take a while . I did consider extra hours but nothing available at my work as I have asked and if I am honest I know its only 5 extra hours but I am struggling with the 25 I am doing at moment
  • jenny45
    jenny45 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Are you in Northern Ireland by any chance.
    In the Province you do get a payment to part cover your loss of DLA as long as you are appealing the PIP decision.

yes I am and I did read about covering dla award pending appeal outcome and there are some vague references to disability premiums also but not very clear...I am going to contact CAB as they have been very helpful and see if they know a bit more
  • Bigfra46
    Bigfra46 Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    While on appeal, full payment is received for duration of appeal. These payments start 31 days after appeal is lodged. Average appeal is 6 months. If you don't appeal you are paid for 10 months!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure