Santander under funding fee

Options
Was wondering if anyone else had this ?
I have an account with Santander - I’ve had it a while.... it’s an account I don’t use very much but anyway a few years back now I was constantly in its overdraft - I only paid about £150 a month into the account and it wasn’t enough to get me out of overdraft so for the full month every month I was in overdraft - so used to get charged £30 a month overdraft fees ... which is expected..... but I also used to get charged an underfunding fee on top which was around £25 (can’t remember fully) but as you can imagine i just got further and further into my overdraft every month.
Suddenly the underfunding fee stopped appearing on my statements —— so I’m wondeting if this was an unfair charge and they realised this and so stopped charging it and in which case can I claim this back from them?

Thanks in advance

Hope I posted this in the right area as it’s my first post on here x

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No. .
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,539 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    so I’m wondeting if this was an unfair charge and they realised this and so stopped charging it and in which case can I claim this back from them?

There are no known unfair charges at this time. Banks do change their charges periodically to suit market conditions and requirements. A change does not automatically mean the old ones are unfair.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure