Boiler Quotation

Options
Hello All

I need to replace my old boiler and so far I had 2 quotes, one of them is a bit overpriced but second one form known installer looks a bit better, before I go ahead I wanted to ask you if this price is fair or should I still look around?

The quote was for £3200 and included:

-remove of the old back boiler in living room
-remove the tank in airing cupboard
- installation of Valiant ecotec 321 plus 31kw on the loft ( on the wall with horizontal flue) with wireless controller
- connecting the boiler to gas meter located under the stairs - this require the pipe to go outside though the wall, then straight to the top and back though the wall on the loft to the boiler on the same wall.
- magnetic cleaner, radiator flush + new thermostats ( 11 rads total)

Please let me know if I could still get better quote for the same boiler, I live near west part of M25 near London.

Comments

• booty40uk
    booty40uk Posts: 514 Forumite
    Options
    Boilers in lofts require a fair bit of additional work to comply with regs and unless there is no other option (which there always is) I wouldn't recommend it. The airing cupboard with a vertical flue would be better imo.

Price wise is probably ok for London but get a couple more quotes before committing.
  • southcoastrgi
    southcoastrgi Posts: 6,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    +1 on above boilers in lofts are a pita for the installer & on going for the customer
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • kokolino23
    kokolino23 Posts: 267 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Doesn't look too bad TBH... I'd rather get another few quotes and the decide where to go from there.
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    No i m sure you could get much cheaper..
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure