Options
1235»

Comments

• blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    GlasweJen wrote: »
    As for lounge access, I don't think it's really my thing. Isn't it full of businessmen on their phones and laptops? Certainly it would be nicer than being in the mayhem at T3 but I'd rather have my stop over time reduced if possible.

As has been suggested either

1 Ring again to see if you get a competent CS agent

2. Post on Flyertalk as you may get better answers.

Good luck.
  • lady1964
    lady1964 Posts: 955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    As for lounge access, I don't think it's really my thing. Isn't it full of businessmen on their phones and laptops? Certainly it would be nicer than being in the mayhem at T3 but I'd rather have my stop over time reduced if possible.

No, it's not, we usually fly business class & always use the lounge available to us.

That said, we endured 6 hours in a lounge at ARN airport in Stockholm and the time dragged, I even managed to have a nap!

I would try to speak to someone at BA & push for a shorter layover and has already been advised, look on Flyertalk, the BA flyers are usually really helpful.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A good technique is to hang up and call another agent. Fingers crossed you'll have more luck.

This is the best advice given so far in this thread. I've changed BA flights after major and minor schedule changes numerous times in the past and it's never been a problem. I can only assume you got through to a clueless CSR the first time, there's no reason at all why they shouldn't be able to move you to the later flight from Glasgow.
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Options
    Thankfully I'm off work tomorrow and only have an appointment in the morning so hopefully I'll be able to get through to someone tomorrow.
  • Marisco
    Marisco Posts: 42,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Last year we had a layover of 7 hours in Charles de Gaul airport, to wait for our flight to Tel Aviv. So we took the Metro to Notre Dam, had a walk, lunch then a good look round before going back. No problems at all, no checks or passport checks. I remember thinking at the time it was a bit lax there, we could have been anyone!
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,289 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Marisco wrote: »
    Last year we had a layover of 7 hours in Charles de Gaul airport, to wait for our flight to Tel Aviv. So we took the Metro to Notre Dam, had a walk, lunch then a good look round before going back. No problems at all, no checks or passport checks. I remember thinking at the time it was a bit lax there, we could have been anyone!

Surely you had to show your passport and pass security before boarding your flight, particularly in view of the destination!

Personally I have missed flights in CDG because of very long queues to pass security in precisely that situation.
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Options
    I nearly missed a flight at CDG just last week as passport control was so very slow! And that was with me being prioritised as a passenger with additional needs. I wouldn't want to risk that.

Got through to BA earlier and the lady on the phone is escalating me to someone higher up as the computer won't allow her to rebook the GLA-LHR leg, she said it's probably an IT glitch and should be fixed.
  • Marisco
    Marisco Posts: 42,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Surely you had to show your passport and pass security before boarding your flight, particularly in view of the destination!

Personally I have missed flights in CDG because of very long queues to pass security in precisely that situation.

Yes, before we got on the flight, but when we came in from Newcastle, we had a coffee, then got the Metro to Paris. I was responding to someone who asked if they could leave the airport or not.
  • baza52
    baza52 Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Options
    I nearly missed a flight at CDG just last week as passport control was so very slow! And that was with me being prioritised as a passenger with additional needs. I wouldn't want to risk that.

Got through to BA earlier and the lady on the phone is escalating me to someone higher up as the computer won't allow her to rebook the GLA-LHR leg, she said it's probably an IT glitch and should be fixed.

lets hope you get the result you want.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport