Sky problem

Options
Hi guys, I'm the owner of a sky broadband contract, i borrow my sky hube to one of my friend for his own house. He usually paid to me via bank account a part of cost to use internet .

Now he left the house and left my bank account details to the other Flatmate. Now they don't want to pay me more neither 10£ for month for sky .

I called the Sky center to block everything but they told me that i can occur in extra charge if i close the contract with them.... i told to sky that the other tenant have got all my bank account details but they cannot help me at all.

So i get inside my sky account and i blocked with Sky Shield all the web site and social network ... but the tenant have access as well to my Sky account because they have my bank account details so they can log back (without password) and change all the setting.

What i have to do ? The tenant doesn't allowed me to get inside the house to take MY SKY HUBE , i have to call the police ?

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How does knowing your bank account details enable them to log into your Sky account?
    And a Sky account is linked to a landline number, not to a hub.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I agree with what macman says and also, why would you want to let your friend use your router and only pay for part of the cost of the internet , instead of getting his own free router and paying for his own internet?
  • Lellos92
    Lellos92 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    They used to pay mi via bank account, if they know my sky id and they have got my banck account number they can get acces just clicking i forgot my password and inserting the ban k account number . I borrow it to my friend (to share with his friend ) because they are international student and they dont' need a contract for 12 month ,they need just this till the end of june, that all
  • lonestar1
    lonestar1 Posts: 560 Forumite
    Options
    ask friend to return hub as his old housemates no longer pay
  • A.Penny.Saved
    A.Penny.Saved Posts: 1,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tell them that if they do not pay you what they owe for using the internet then you will kick them out. You decide what the charges are and if they do not like it then all they can do is leave.

I suggest that you speak to Sky to see if there is anything that they are willing to do to stop access to your account. You might have to change the bank account details if sky fail to do anything. That might be a wise option seeing as someone else knows your bank details. It might be worth speaking to your bank as well to see if they can help. It might mean messing around changing all your direct debits and stuff but if it's the only way then it might be worth the hassle.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This still makes no sense. Your hub will only work on a Sky enabled broadband landline, so moving it to a different property on a different line won't magically give you Sky broadband on that line.
    But if you're daft enough to lend the equipment and service to someone else in this fashion, which is a clear breach of the t&c's, then what did you think was going to happen?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This OP tale does simply not ring true possibly confused and could try to make the facts clearer .
  • NotRichAtAll
    NotRichAtAll Posts: 889 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 31 March 2015 at 11:01PM
    Options
    sounds to me like the op is kind of sub letting their broadband hub and charging the tenants/strangers that his friend had living with him for the pleasure of sky, i am sure sky would not be too pleased if that is the case. As for your bank details what did you expect sky to do about that it's not their problem.

i saw this and thought of you.

http://www.buildablog.co/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Paddle_Store.jpg
  • Poppie68
    Poppie68 Posts: 4,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tell them that if they do not pay you what they owe for using the internet then you will kick them out. You decide what the charges are and if they do not like it then all they can do is leave.

I suggest that you speak to Sky to see if there is anything that they are willing to do to stop access to your account. You might have to change the bank account details if sky fail to do anything. That might be a wise option seeing as someone else knows your bank details. It might be worth speaking to your bank as well to see if they can help. It might mean messing around changing all your direct debits and stuff but if it's the only way then it might be worth the hassle.

Kick them out of where exactly? The op has already said his friend was in a different house...it also seems that the op has been sub-letting his box which Sky t&c state you can't do so he doesn't really have a lef to stand on.
  • akkers
    akkers Posts: 259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Simple - disconnect the cable that goes to the hub.
    Also go to the sky account and change all passwords.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure