Best wet cat food -a question of texture!

Options
One of my cats has recently had cystitis after I changed brands of dry food, so I've moved her on to wet food. She is proving to be quite picky and is rejecting anything with big chunks in it -vet said her teeth were OK. She likes Gourmet Gold and Sheba but I've been checking out Zooplus for cheaper alternatives.

Can anyone tell me what the texture is like for the following foods -
Bozita Chunks and Bozita in gravy.
Smilla Poultry Pots and Grainfree.
Cosma Sardine
Feringa Menu Duo
Catz Finefood
Animonda Carny

I know you can order trial packs for flavour and I have another cat who is a walking dustbin and will finish off any leftovers, but I don't want to order dozens of tins of food my fussy madam won't touch!
"Cheap", "Fast", "Right" -- pick two.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    The Bozita Chunks in the cartons are very pate-like and smooth but my word, do they stink! Haha!

I'm afraid I can't help with the other foods but I work at a cattery and I do know that Applaws has very thin and fine strips of meat in stock in which fussy cats, cats with no teeth or cats with kidney problems seem to love. We also add water to some of them to make them into a meaty soup which they really enjoy. Just make sure you check if the foods are complete as some of them are just meat with no added vitamins and minerals! Natures Menu is very similar to the consistency of Gourmet Gold Pate but it has a higher and better quality meat content in.

Good luck in finding something!
  • pinkteapot
    pinkteapot Posts: 8,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I can't help, but just adding my sympathies. Our kitty had to switch to a dry only diet for sensitive tums due to gastro issues, but prior to that the only wet foods he'd eat were also Sheba (specifically, Fine Flakes) and Gourmet Gold. What is it with those two foods? :)

In the meantime, Tesco would periodically have Sheba on 3 boxes for £10 so I used to stock up when I saw the offer.
  • Arthog
    Arthog Posts: 223 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lidl and Aldi have the flat tins similar to Sheba, for 21p/100g. Our cat loves them except for the Game flavour.
  • Katy012
    Options
    My kittie broke his jaw... 20000 cat foods that he wouldn't eat later... I found this miracle food "Seriously Good: Tuna & Shrimp in Sauce" that you can get in pets at home, did wonders for me!!
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    ka7e wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the texture is like for the following foods -
    Bozita Chunks and Bozita in gravy.
    Smilla Poultry Pots and Grainfree.
    Cosma Sardine
    Feringa Menu Duo
    Catz Finefood
    Animonda Carny

Feringa & Catz FF are both pate style foods.

We tried Animonda a while back but it upset Mia's tum - it's quite high in offal so this might be something to bear in mind if your cat can be a bit sensitive (I think it was pate style too but can't really remember sorry)

Archie will only eat Gourmet Gold, Gourmet Perle or Sheba Duos - all gravy with little chunks ..... and I'm afraid I've not found anything remotely similar in a can *sigh* I do tend to stock up when PAH or Mr T have them 3 boxes for £10!
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • paddypaws101
    Options
    Bozita TINS ( Not the cartons) are a meaty pate with a good amount of jelly....add hot water ad you get a nice meaty soup which most of my cats seem to like.
    Miamor Ragout Royale is largish chunks in a soft jelly that a lot of cats seem to like.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure