BT Complaints & Escalation

Options

Comments

• dizzyduch
    Options
    Hi dizzyduch,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. I'll be happy to look into this for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll get the contact details in my profile.

Cheers

David

Hello David

I have sent an email as requested, I sincerely hope you will succeed where your colleagues have failed, I await your reply.
  • Idiophreak
    Idiophreak Posts: 12,024 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Idiophreak wrote: »
    So I finally got my act together and ditched BT...but they've even managed to stuff that up:

I cancelled in October and was given a switchover date of 15th November.

I got several letters from BT in early November trying to get me to stay etc.

Then, on the 18th, I got a letter which said "if we don't hear from you by midday on the 15th..." which was funny. It also said "If you've paid £141 in advance"...why was I not surprised BT have no idea how/what I've paid them.

Then, on the 19th, I got a bill dated the 13th November for the period between 11/11 and 10/12 - totaling £19.01 - which would be taken on the 24th November.

Then, yesterday, I got a "final" bill, dated 22 November stating "You haven't paid your previous bill", so calculating the remaining payment on that assumption. Another £3.39 owing. Obviously, by the time I got this second bill, they'd taken the payment on the 24th.

I called them up today and they've assured me that I'll get a "post-termination" bill in another 10-14 days (presumably this is even more final than the "final" bill) which will refund the £19.01.

So, in summary, knowing that I was leaving in two days they billed me in advance for a whole month, anyway. Then, knowing that I was due to make this overpayment in 2 days, they went ahead and charged me again...and now they're refusing to give the money back for another fortnight.

They really are the biggest bunch of cowboys going.

...and I raised a complaint with BT about this, saying how poor it was, how they were deliberately trying to bamboozle people and make it difficult to switch suppliers...How they'd taken money they had no claim to and were refusing to give it back. They gave me a complaint number and told me I'd be called back in 24-48 hours. Well, 48 hours have passed and still no call...Can't say I'm shocked.
  • Idiophreak
    Idiophreak Posts: 12,024 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    dizzyduch wrote: »
    Hello David

I have sent an email as requested, I sincerely hope you will succeed where your colleagues have failed, I await your reply.

BT Rep won't succeed. They're a "friendly", English speaking face that pops up on here to try and give the impression that BT give a stuff. They don't. BT Rep has no more power (or initiative) than the rest of the numpties you speak to on the phone.

Stick with the cancelled DD option and try and get Sky to take you back.
  • As an online based business, we are so disappointed with the service we have receive from BT. Not only have we need charge for 2 call outs, as it was reported the problem was our fault although it wasn't! Both call outs cost £220, and the technician was with us for less than an hour each time. This seems such a high price, considering they didn't fix the problem after 2 visits!

The negative effect on our business due to BT has massive;
    1. We've had to pay our office staff even though there is nothing for them to do, due the internet being down. This has been costing us money, and we haven't been able to get the work done.
    2. The owner of the business missed her son's school, parent/teacher meeting as she was on the phone to BT trying to sort out the internet issues, when the school rang to arrange the meeting.
    3. We spend about 3 hours a week reporting faults/issues we are having with the internet - time we could and should be using for running our business.
    4. Our customers pay for a 'next day' delivery service, which we are unable to do as we don't away have internet working to be able to book in the parcels - thus effecting our customer satisfaction and repeat business.
    5. Costing the owner of the business money for Netflix's she's ordered and paid for but hasn't been able to watch due to poor internet access!

Hopefully we'll get this sorted, but for the mean time it feels like we're just banging our heads against a brick wall and not getting anywhere!!

Ostlerscidermill team.
  • Ecuador2
    Options
    Unbelievable! I've just had my monthly statement from BT - much bigger than expected. The issue that's been rumbling on throughout the year, and which I thought had been resolved, goes on.

To recap: I bought the annual line rental saver in March for £120. BT then started charging me for monthly line rental on top of that. They have admitted several times that I have already paid for the service and so shouldn't have to pay monthly line rental.

Dozens of phonecalls later, and after many broken promises, I was finally issued with a case number and told that the matter will be resolved - including a full refund for the monthly - this month.

Well, yes. They've refunded the monthly payments. But they've also put through a charge of £150 for a new annual line rental saver plan. But I should still be on the annual plan that I paid £120 for back in March!

What with the old annual plan, the new annual plan, and seven monthly payments, BT have extracted from my bank account £363 in line rental charges since March.
  • Steph312
    Steph312 Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    I have a problem also, from paying upfront quarterly line rental in advance and yearly line rental saver on the same day. I wanted the line rental saver only and explained that the previous scheme line rental saver was an error. I was told that they could not refund me immediately but should receive a refund in a months time as the line rental saver was active from 10th Nov 13' and my next bill date should be 8th Dec. Representatives said if my account had no charges they would refund back the credit over balance back to my bank. I contacted them back today a month later for my refund only to be told that the first three bt representatives have given me incorrect information and the two new bt reps I talked with today say i have to wait until the next quarter bill date which is feb 14' to receive credit. I've asked them to write out this correction of the error previous bt staff made in a formal letter today because I have the feeling they want to scam me by refund me back nothing or just mess things up again with another error. As why did three separate members of bt staff originally told me all the same thing two phone calls I have mp3 recordings of and one email I sent through my account making a complaint? Only to find today that I'm being told different, I don't want to find the same thing happens when feb 14' comes round. Do I have any grounds to get my refund now as originally promised by three different bt representatives from emails and phone calls or am I actually being told the correct information now and have to wait or do i have to prepare myself for more scams and lies from bt by waiting until feb 14'? Or should I complain to the ombudsman? Please help?
    BT really just don't care I can't believe how angry I got because I can't believe the lack of their customer service skills :(
    eBay 100 item challenge- 16/100 => £268.95

SW Start date (16/08/13) @ 134.4 lbs & BMI = 25.4
    Goal weight of 126lbs

• skea56
    skea56 Posts: 405 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Newshound!
    Options
    I have posted my experience in another thread, but thought I might get more of a response from the BT rep if I posted here.

In summary:
    Phoned BT in August to discuss additional charges on account
    Turned out I was at end of my contract and now being charged at normal rate.
    Advisor asked me did I want BT Sport added to my account as it was free, I admit I did give him my Sky viewing card number, but decided against adding it as it would be a waste in our house.
    Confirmed before leaving the conversation that I was no longer under contract and free to leave BT without penalty.
    Signed up with TT the next day, installation date start Sept.
    Received letter from BT requesting costs of £107 for cancellation, which after phoning them was told I was under contract with BT Sport and would have to pay early termination costs.
    Made a complaint and given ref no - original call to be looked at and get back to me within 10 days. The results of this was never received by me.
    Using online help, I found they had incorrect email address and so therefore I did not receive original confirmation of Sport order.
    Asked for breakdown of charges - this was never received.
    Advisor spoke to his manager and told me contract terms would be removed from my account and no early termination charges would be payable.
    Realised a few days later I was still receiving BT Sport, asked again online to have it removed, was told I did not have any contract and not to worry.
    Spoke to advisor who didnt understand why I was trying to get rid of it since it wasnt on my account.
    Yesterday received letter that they will begin to charge me for service from 23rd Dec.
    BT Girl advised that I could cancel but would incur charge as I had not given 30 days notice.
    Made another complaint and given ref no, they are to look at original call AGAIN and get back to me within 10 days.

Sorry for long post, but felt I needed to get the whole story of my chest.

I have made copies of all the online communications I have made with BT, confirming that I asked for this to be removed from my account 3 months ago, with 3 different advisors telling me I was not under any contract and would receive no charges.

Now in the mouth of Christmas I am being threatened with a charge for the cancellation of a service I did not order, nor want.

BT Rep, can you shed any light on this incompetance??

sk56
    Savings: £2 Jar: £804/£1000
    Debts: Santander 1211.12/1780.47 (32% Paid) Total Debt Paid Off £12871.66
  • BT_company_representative
    BT_company_representative Posts: 1,861 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Steph312, and skea56

I can take a look at the details of your complaint. Please could you send me in your details using the link found in my profile?

Thanks

Paddy
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of BT. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • skea56
    Options
    Hi Steph312, and skea56

I can take a look at the details of your complaint. Please could you send me in your details using the link found in my profile?

Thanks

Paddy

Is there a problem with bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950 this link? As it will not display on my PC - same problem happened yesterday when I tried to use the online chat facility from BT?

sk56
  • skea56
    Options
    Must be my work PC has blocked it, have since sent you a message with details through your link Paddy I look forward to your reply

Sk56
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills