Drying Washing in a Cupboard?

Options
13»

Comments

• phil24_7
    phil24_7 Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They don't damage clothes if used correctly and they aren't terrible to run (though obviously more expensive than air drying!) as they are more efficient nowadays.
  • glasgowdan
    glasgowdan Posts: 2,967 Forumite
    Options
    andrewf75 wrote: »
    Surprised so many people have tumble driers. Aren't they ridiculously expensive to run? and damage clothes?
    If you have the space to put airers or a garden to dry clothes you will save a fortune surely?

I'm surprised so many people hang wet clothes up in their house and run dehumidifiers when tumble driers are so cheap to buy and run and get the job done much more effectively.
  • andrewf75
    andrewf75 Posts: 10,421 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    glasgowdan wrote: »
    I'm surprised so many people hang wet clothes up in their house and run dehumidifiers when tumble driers are so cheap to buy and run and get the job done much more effectively.

I have a spare room, don't need a dehumidifier it dries in a couple of days. In summer it goes on the line outside.
  • glasgowdan
    glasgowdan Posts: 2,967 Forumite
    Options
    andrewf75 wrote: »
    I have a spare room, don't need a dehumidifier it dries in a couple of days. In summer it goes on the line outside.

See I have a young family so won't allow the household air to be damp and mouldy. Also, being in Scotland means we probably have fewer days available for washing to hang on the line. I've also had issues with clothes getting smelly before they dry properly when I hang them up wet.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We have a tumble (heat pump) and it's incredibly economical.

I don't know why you think they damage clothes, it's the person putting the clothes in that might cause damage - exactly as in a washing machine. Put wools on a boil wash and it's a fast-track to the divorce courts!.

We have plenty of space (fields and acres of garden) but washing won't dry outside in damp or rainy Cornwall some days....no matter what you do.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure