CCA's, PRA and general advice

Options

Comments

• TheDebtinator
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    They have said they are going to get it, so wait and see what they send you, then formulate your plan .

Thanks! They said that last time and never did lol.

I like to plan ahead. I'll update this thread if they send the CCA / End of August - whichever comes first, and seek advice.

Thanks.
  • rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    Options
    yes best use of time maybe thinking of a backup plan just in case they do turn up. Probably wont but you never know.
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
  • TheDebtinator
    Options
    rizla_king wrote: »
    yes best use of time maybe thinking of a backup plan just in case they do turn up. Probably wont but you never know.

If they do turn up then I will still make them an offer. The less I pay to clear these the better. While I know that they will only ever show as partially satisfied, I can still start to rebuild.

If they dont send me the CCA, that is the bit I need to plan for.
  • TheDebtinator
    Options
    End of the month and still no word from the creditor's. Should I keep quiet for another month?
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,953 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Until they respond to you, they can't enforce your account, its to your advantage if they drag there feet, however, you can send them a reminder to let them know you haven't gone away.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • TheDebtinator
    Options
    Just bumping this back up, I still havent received any replies to my CCA requests. I managed to pay off the loan with PRA (30% is what they offered me to clear it).

Given that it would "appear" that my remaining two creditors do not have CCA's, and given the length of time that this has now been going on for, do you think I'd get away with lower offers?
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,953 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Just bumping this back up, I still havent received any replies to my CCA requests. I managed to pay off the loan with PRA (30% is what they offered me to clear it).

Given that it would "appear" that my remaining two creditors do not have CCA's, and given the length of time that this has now been going on for, do you think I'd get away with lower offers?

Previous advice still stands, wait until you know your position before you do anything.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • TheDebtinator
    Options
    The problem I find myself in is that what if they never tell me? I have now tried several times to obtain copies of the CCA and non have been forth coming. I want to be able to qualify for a mortgage in a 2 years so I really could do with this being sorted out one way or the other.

I appreciate your advice as always.
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 9 February 2016 at 3:03PM
    Options
    The problem I find myself in is that what if they never tell me? I have now tried several times to obtain copies of the CCA and non have been forth coming. I want to be able to qualify for a mortgage in a 2 years so I really could do with this being sorted out one way or the other.

I appreciate your advice as always.

If they never tell you, the debt becomes statute barred after 6 years from date of last payment (I think).

Not providing the CCA doesn't remove the debt, but means it's not enforceable. It would drop off your credit file 6 years after default or settlement of account date (whichever occurred soon, and I assume it's defaulted already). Therefore regarding applications for mortgage I don't think it's going to make much difference to you now.
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • TheDebtinator
    Options
    If they never tell you, the debt becomes statute barred after 6 years from date of last payment (I think)

I thought it was from date of last acknowledgment.

Either way, I'd much rather not have this for another 6 years, would much prefer to be debt free and able to start rebuilding my record...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure