Old CPP letter

Options
I have recently been round to my parents house and was sorting through some old papers. CPP sent me a letter regarding compensation to their address back in Feb. 2014. I have not lived there and have moved 9 times since! It states I had to claim by 20 August 2014. Is there anything I can do I have no idea what card / account it may have applied to as I have had a fair number over the years. The letter does have a unique reference number and a policy number.Thanks K

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The CPP refund scheme was closed a while back unfortunately. MSE reckons if you have a good reason (such as moving around and the letter went to an old address) you can try the FOS but I would imagine given the letter went to your parents there would be a fair defence that you could have got the letter from there in the ~6 months from the letter being sent to the deadline, never know until you try but don't expect a refund and you may get lucky

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/CPP-card-protection#fos
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    kjjohns22 wrote: »
    I had to claim by 20 August 2014. Is there anything I can do
    Not really.

It's two years since the scheme closed and CPP won't entertain new claims unless you have very compelling reasons for not complaining earlier. Bereavement or serious illness might sway them, moving house (how ever many times) will not.

There is a whole old thread devoted to CPP with numerous posts from people who were refused access to the scheme only a few days after it closed, not a few years.

Nothing to stop you approaching them, but expect a swift rejection....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure