Pip. Mobility car

Options
If someone applies for a car on motab does there money get stopped while this happens. For instance if someone gets paid in two weeks time and they get a car next week with the remaining money from care component be paid later due to delays in the payment. How does it work please

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Howard48 wrote: »
    If someone applies for a car on motab does there money get stopped while this happens. For instance if someone gets paid in two weeks time and they get a car next week with the remaining money from care component be paid later due to delays in the payment. How does it work please
    Only the mobility part of DLA/PIP is stopped once a person signs for the car. Daily living/Care part isn't affected and payments for this part continue as normal.
  • Howard48
    Howard48 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Your allowance will be held by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) or Veterans UK one week prior to the date your car dealer, or WAV supplier, expects you to take delivery of your new car or WAV. This allowance will be repaid to you by the DWP once you received your new car.

To me this sounds like the remaining pip ( care component part) will sort of be stopped and paid once I get the car. So possible the next payment might be late, am I correct??
  • poppy12345
    Options
    Your allowance will be held by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) or Veterans UK one week prior to the date your car dealer, or WAV supplier, expects you to take delivery of your new car or WAV. This allowance will be repaid to you by the DWP once you received your new car.

To me this sounds like the remaining pip ( care component part) will sort of be stopped and paid once I get the car. So possible the next payment might be late, am I correct??
    No you're wrong! I just told you what happens. I have a mobility car myself and the care part isn't affected. It's only the mobility part they keep. Why would they take your daily living/care part when it's the mobility part that's used for the car?
  • poppy12345
    Options
    The rest of your payments will continue as normal....
  • Howard48
    Howard48 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    I don't mean take it. I mean the payment will be later then the original pay day as they would need to set up so the mobility part is taken off.
  • poppy12345
    Options
    I don't mean take it. I mean the payment will be later then the original pay day as they would need to set up so the mobility part is taken off.
    NO. The rest of your payments will continue as normal. I have told you in a few posts. Why are you finding that so difficult to understand? The mobility part is taken...you keep the rest and payments will be made to you on the usual date just as you always have them. This means no late payments...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure