CPR Call Blocker vs phone blocker

Options
jhe
jhe Posts: 1,826 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
despite having been registered with TPS for years i am still receiving nuisance calls on my landline, i suspect quite a few from abroad, plus the 'survey' companies that insist they are not selling me anything!
so i now am going to buy a call blocker to hopefully put a stop to them.
CPR call blocker seem to come with good reviews? but any opinions on landline phones that come with a call blocker are just as good?

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    The phones have a limit to the numbers you can block (10 with the BT one).
  • Nat1977
    Nat1977 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Options
    I had a BT phone with built in call blocker, it quickly filled up and I eneded up buying the CPR call blocker anyway! Its very good and nice and simple to use :)
  • jhe
    Options
    thanks Quentin and Nat1977 appreciate your input
    i have been looking at a panasonic phone it has availability to block 50 numbers ,
    the CPR does seem easy to use with a lot of nuisance numbers pre installed
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,627 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've been using CPR call blocker for about 6 months and would recommend it highly.

It's as simple as pushing a single button if a spam call gets through.
    ====
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 16 April 2014 at 12:46PM
    Options
    You can add 1000 of your own numbers on top of the 200 known nuisances they preload it with. Others do get through but only the first time they ring. After that they are blocked either automatically by pressing the button during the call or manually after the call ends.

(You get 30 days to try it out and return it if you don't like it)
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jhe wrote: »
    i have been looking at a panasonic phone it has availability to block 50 numbers ,

I look at the Panasonic but on checking I am pretty sure the phones only block actual numbers not withheld or international, I was getting several international calls a day a CPR call blocker stopped them completely.
  • jhe
    Options
    thanks cajef, i already have withheld numbers barred but i suppose the CPR would save me paying virgin for the withheld service.
    will the CPR also stop the likes of 0102051 number that phoned me again today!
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jhe wrote: »
    will the CPR also stop the likes of 0102051 number that phoned me again today!

Not sure about that particular number but it has stopped any and all the numbers that I have wanted blocked without any problems.
  • skiptalker
    skiptalker Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    talk talk give you the free option to ban a number you dont want free of charge with a few button presses after they call what a blessing
  • jhe
    Options
    skiptalker wrote: »
    talk talk give you the free option to ban a number you dont want free of charge with a few button presses after they call what a blessing

thanks skiptalker but i am not on talk talk i am on Virgin.
    years ago i was with BT they used to give the option to users to block numbers, but think it was chargeable when i used it.
    dont think Virgin have this option
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport