PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one

Options

Comments

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    karcher wrote: »
    Breakfast: Final quarter of the pizza I cooked last night...regretting it already!

How come? breakfast pizza always tastes nicer that original :D
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Nelski wrote: »
    How come? breakfast pizza always tastes nicer that original :D

Because when I eat first thing in the morning, I tend to carry on eating all day...I'm already packing too much excess weight, don't need to add to it :o
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 19 March 2017 at 10:49AM
    Options
    karcher wrote: »
    Because when I eat first thing in the morning, I tend to carry on eating all day...I'm already packing too much excess weight, don't need to add to it :o

I'll have a decent kitchen at last any minute now - and therefore be able to really focus on food - and, more to the point, dieting back down to normal size at last.

Meanwhile - I'm my own strictest disciplinarian I guess you could say. I really need some new clothes now - and cant fit into most of my existing ones. However - I refuse to spend what to me is a "normal" amount of money on any item of size-dependant clothing until I am back to normal. So size label 16 me has allowed myself a £7.50 + £9 repair charity shop raincoat. I also allowed myself a £12.99 + drycleaning costs coat from a charity shop the other day and a pair of £3.99 trousers.

Whilst I know very well that I'm perfectly prepared to spend £250 on a coat or raincoat or £30-£50 for a pair of trousers for size label 10-12 me (ie normal size)..

But I simply won't allow myself to spend good money on size label 16 clothing - as it will be a lot of money to throw away for clothes that will be too big for me at my normal size iyswim.

So - unless I want to go round looking semi-scruffy permanently - I have no option but to get a handle on it when I've got my kitchen "good to go" at last.

Don't know if that's a thought for you?

I do know that I'm capable of being extremely harsh on myself in some ways - but can't speak for anyone else obviously on this...

My own trigger factor for being harsh with myself is my attitude to money - I will tend to function very "logically" when it comes to how I allow myself to spend my money. Other people might have other trigger factors that mean logic will take priority over emotion in their thinking.
  • Nelski
    Options
    Morning onesters :wave:

My stomach thinks my throat has been cut this morning...should have had something to eat last night but never got round to it although there was a fair few empty alcohol calories :o The Thriller show was good but Im not convinced it was worth the ticket price. Just buy the CD and play it loud whilst dancing :)

Got some pulled pork and bubble and squeak out of the freezer for today (random I know) Freezer actually starting to show signs of gaps now which is amazing ...still a long long way to go and soon I may end up with stuff I either have no idea of its age, origins or have no desire to eat but will have to do it so could well be a good diet :D

Cleaning day today in between watching my favourite boys on Sunday brunch and doing some prep for work tomorrow. Gotta love Sundays :D Enjoy your day everyone cooking for one :)
  • Nelski
    Options
    I'll have a decent kitchen at last any minute now - and therefore be able to really focus on food - and, more to the point, dieting back down to normal size at last.

Meanwhile - I'm my own strictest disciplinarian I guess you could say. I really need some new clothes now - and cant fit into most of my existing ones. However - I refuse to spend what to me is a "normal" amount of money on any item of size-dependant clothing until I am back to normal. So size label 16 me has allowed myself a £7.50 + £9 repair charity shop raincoat. I also allowed myself a £12.99 + drycleaning costs coat from a charity shop the other day and a pair of £3.99 trousers.

Whilst I know very well that I'm perfectly prepared to spend £250 on a coat or raincoat or £30-£50 for a pair of trousers for size label 10-12 me (ie normal size)..

But I simply won't allow myself to spend good money on size label 16 clothing - as it will be a lot of money to throw away for clothes that will be too big for me at my normal size iyswim.

So - unless I want to go round looking semi-scruffy permanently - I have no option but to get a handle on it when I've got my kitchen "good to go" at last.

Don't know if that's a thought for you?

I do know that I'm capable of being extremely harsh on myself in some ways - but can't speak for anyone else obviously on this...

My own trigger factor for being harsh with myself is my attitude to money - I will tend to function very "logically" when it comes to how I allow myself to spend my money. Other people might have other trigger factors that mean logic will take priority over emotion in their thinking.

Totally understand your thinking and I know for me if I start on the bigger clothes buying it soon becomes the norm then what size is next?? Having said that I think you have got some good bargains there and when you do get back to your fighting weight you can happily donate to the charity shop again for the next person in the same position :D

How long before kitchen is ready?
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Up, bath and out to the launderette; home and everything pinned on the line.

Breakfast: I decided that toast, scrambled eggs, beans was THE best breakfast ever as it really sets me up for the day - so I made/ate that, with a splash of HP and some black coffee.

Got Sunday Brunch on, hate it really.... 101 ingredients to make something simple, just because he has to "do something a bit different" every time - even though most dishes are quite happy as they are. It's not a food programme, it's a restaurant/book pushing programme, using ingredients only found in huge cities at high end shops, certainly not in my small town at L1dl :)

Calligraphy woman ...what an air of assumption. How did you start doing calligraphy? "Like we all did really - at school with the blah blah blah set" (No idea what she said as I've never heard of anybody ever learning any calligraphy at school, so have no idea what any kit's called)

She must've gone to a posh school and thinks everybody does these posh things :)
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MITSTM Absolutely does. I have a wardrobe of clothes most of which I can no longer wear. I certainly don't have the money to replace them with a bigger size and have absolutely no intention of doing so!

I have one pair of jeans I can just about do up other than that I have cheap baggy jogging bottoms and am mainly to be seen in what i call my bag lady look...ie big, baggy, unflattering scruffy clothes.. My work issued uniform is unbelievably uncomfortable so something has to be done about this unnecessary and excessive weight gain since the beginning of 2017 :(
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • PasturesNew
    Options
    I've perfected the bag lady look :)
    I buy at the CS, but they've gone up in price in recent years horrendously since the middle classes see it as eco-friendly/recycling and "socially OK", so most of the time I'll just browse .... I'm in there to look for the £1 rail, but being a size 10 petite it's rare there's anything even on those that'd fit ... never mind suit me and be my "style" or colour or match anything else I've got.

Right now I am wearing some £3 CS jeans, where the button broke over a year ago so I've been using a kilt pin instead of a button - and in the week I realised the 4rse section's become so thin I really will have to bin them in the next month or so. My top's CS, £1. Socks were a Xmas present. Bra Matalan £3. Knicks were probably a pack of "6 for £5" a few years ago.
  • Nelski
    Options
    Up, bath and out to the launderette; home and everything pinned on the line.

Breakfast: I decided that toast, scrambled eggs, beans was THE best breakfast ever as it really sets me up for the day - so I made/ate that, with a splash of HP and some black coffee.

Got Sunday Brunch on, hate it really.... 101 ingredients to make something simple, just because he has to "do something a bit different" every time - even though most dishes are quite happy as they are. It's not a food programme, it's a restaurant/book pushing programme, using ingredients only found in huge cities at high end shops, certainly not in my small town at L1dl :)

Calligraphy woman ...what an air of assumption. How did you start doing calligraphy? "Like we all did really - at school with the blah blah blah set" (No idea what she said as I've never heard of anybody ever learning any calligraphy at school, so have no idea what any kit's called)

She must've gone to a posh school and thinks everybody does these posh things :)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: those ingredient lists increase everytime you have a strop about it ....think we must watch different programmes

Sorry though PN i did have a calligraphy pen when I was a kid (a berol one) and my school could not be accused of being posh ...rough yes but not posh :D:D..... used to write all my friends cards with it :rotfl: different lives eh
  • PasturesNew
    Options
    Nelski wrote: »
    .... i did have a calligraphy pen when I was a kid (a berol one) ...
    That sounds like you had one - but did your school do lessons/classes in it? As part of the regular curriculum? That's what hers did!

Or maybe it's a "city" thing .... I grew up in a tiny village.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure