Light Mobility Scooter/Bike Advice

Options
13»

Comments

• zoelife
    zoelife Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    I am looking for a mobility scooter (that can be can be put in pieces in the back of a car for easier transportation) that has got forward and reverse hand controls that are something other than the tiller ones.

does anyone know what alternative options there may be and do these hand controls have a name?

thanks for any ideas about other options (price range always handy) thank you for moneysaving and hand saving ideas
  • Cyclamen
    Cyclamen Posts: 645 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Zoelife

Do you mean the 'twist and go' controls rather than the lever type? The only other type I have seen is a joystick but thta was on a massive all terrain beast of a scooter.
  • lemontart
    lemontart Posts: 6,037 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am in similar situation with ME and scooters - cannot get either of car or house with out help and self propelling in wheelchair for anything more than 5/10 mins is impossible. so will follow this thread with interest
    I am responsible me, myself and I alone I am not the keeper others thoughts and words.
  • Magenta
    Magenta Posts: 2,133 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    clarissa wrote: »
    I have a Monarch Mobie http://www.monarchmobility.com/mobie/ and absolutely love it. I've taken it on planes lots of times with very few problems - problems with airline staff not knowing what to do with scooters rather than the scooter itself.

It's under 25kg with batteries, the batteries are easily removed, it's 23kg without. It fold up to small suitcase size very easily and fits into the boot of a BMW Z4. I can manage getting it into the front seat but can't manage the height of the boot anymore on my own.

I have tried both at home and preferred the Mobie over the Luggie. I liked the appearance better, it felt more substantial and I found it easier to fold and reassemble. They are both a similar price and both do home demos.

I was wondering if anyone knew the cost of these?
    Thanks all.
    :smileyheaMagenta
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family