John Lewis Partnership card and contactless payments

Options
I've just received a replacement Partnership card. It comes with Contactless payment. I thought contactless payment is equivalent to cash. Or am I wrong? The booklet with the card says 'Cash or cash related payments' have a minimum of £2.50 per transaction plus 23.9% annual interest. So I'm guessing that if I use this card for contactless payments I'm going to be stung for £2.50 each time plus 23.9% interest!!! Am I guessing right?
Nice to save.

Comments

• bazzyb
    bazzyb Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    tobit wrote: »
    So I'm guessing that if I use this card for contactless payments I'm going to be stung for £2.50 each time plus 23.9% interest!!! Am I guessing right?

No. ...............
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    OP you are wrong. Contactless is merely a way of paying without needing a PIN.
  • StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    Options
    tobit wrote: »
    I've just received a replacement Partnership card. It comes with Contactless payment. I thought contactless payment is equivalent to cash. Or am I wrong? The booklet with the card says 'Cash or cash related payments' have a minimum of £2.50 per transaction plus 23.9% annual interest. So I'm guessing that if I use this card for contactless payments I'm going to be stung for £2.50 each time plus 23.9% interest!!! Am I guessing right?

No, if it is a purchase, it is a purchase. What you are paying for is the part that determines the charges accrued.

It's a method of payment, nothing more.

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • derps
    derps Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    The 2.5% (minimum £2.50) charge is if you buy cash with the credit card, OP, not make contactless purchases.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure