Preparing for the biggest move of our life

Options

Comments

• bellevie
    bellevie Posts: 874 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks Catriona - yes small steps will get me there! :)
    MFW
    Starting debt :£287,410 -11/2020

2022 Closing balance £271,402.45 

2023 closing balance £263140

Original end 11/2045 
    New end date :....... 

Overpayments to date £514.4 (1/24)

• bellevie
    Options
    Its been a good week.

Colleague is back and has been much better than previously, workload has been pretty much even!

A little more tucked into my savings. The figure on my signature is all my savings apart from childcare as I cant use that towards any thing.

I popped into poundland on my lunch break today, seeing kinder bueno - on offer - unplanned spend they managed to get £11 out of me!! I could have easily spent more, its much better than the £ store near me.

DD is on a health kick, has given up sugar for lent, though she caved yesterday today she is going strong....lets see how half term goes :D

I have a full week off now, dd is on a swimming course but not too early in the mornings so we will get a few mini lay ins.

We haven't got anything big planned, hoping to visit a few parks that we haven't been to yet, including one local lake that my friends always talk about. Im not sure we will get all the way round it but worth a go!!

Also planning to have a general overhaul, sort out my paper work take bits to charity shops etc.

Hoping its not going to be a big spend with, though pay day is on Friday, so I'll maybe allow a little treat then!
    MFW

Original end 11/2045 

• bellevie
    Options
    Im struggling to get the motivation to do anything today! Lots to do just don't want to do it!

DD went to a birthday party at a trampoline centre yesterday, she loved it!
    I don't get to see the other children now Im full time at work, so it was really nice to see how they really get on. Still play as nicely together as they did when they first started school.

Its got to be a low spend week as payday isn't until Friday, but Im hoping with swimming & various park trips we will get through the week just fine.
    MFW

Original end 11/2045 

• bellevie
    Options
    So dd's first swimming lesson of the week went well! There was only one other child with her so I think I got a bargain with the price I paid - compared to friends who paid approaching £100 for 121 lessons.

I'm hoping to get her on a course at easter too but I suspect they will run the second week of the holidays, when I have the first week off. Still the week I do work she will get to go swimming twice with her holiday camp which is good.

I took my duvet to a cleaning place, there isn't a laundrette locally. They wanted £19.50 to clean! I nearly choked! I only got it a few weeks ago for £20, Mr T decided to wee on it when I popped out of my room to get clean bed covers. I got as much as I could out and washed the area down but I can still smell it. I've been making do with a spare single and wake with freezing legs every morning!

I went to Tescos next door, its only a small supermarket they were out of doubles. So after swimming went to the range and got one for £16.99 - and Mr T has been banned from my room.

I will try to bathwash the duvet, it will definitely fit in my tumble drier but no chance of getting it in the washing machine.
    I've never washed a duvet as an adult. I have a horrible memory of my stepmum making me wash a duvet through the night after I was sick on it, each time I went back to bed as I thought it was clean she woke me to get me back to the bathroom as 'it wasn't clean enough' When she finally agreed it was clean, it was time for me to get ready for school. Crazy woman. I feel very angry at my dad when I remember things like that, the stupid weak man that he is couldn't protect his children - but he has no problem protecting that vile 'human'. Bonkers.

So anyway, I've never attempted to clean a duvet despite me being at least 3 times that weight and almost double that height!
    If I can snap myself out of it, I will do it. At the moment I just keep staring at it in the black sack.

I had a bit of a blurgh day yesterday. Not the being single part, I have been single approaching 8 years, so well and truly accepted that. What I really struggle to get my head round every now and then, is that a vile human like that, gets 80% of my family, through her lies. The people that believed myself and my brother ie my mum and paternal nan died within 2 years of each other.

So the bad person gets the one thing we want - despite not deserving or wanting them herself? I mean by not wanting, she doesn't care about my family she slated them constantly, caused rows between my dad and his siblings, stopped them visiting etc.

My dad, doesn't give a toss about his children or his grandchildren - but we cant seem to switch off from caring or wanting him in our lives.

Then thinking about them made me think about DD's dad, how safe he made me feel to begin with, why he couldn't have chosen us over the drink. Then how it destroyed everything. Its taken so long to get back to where I was before I lost it all, and again its just DD & I whilst he lives life without a care.

I know with my ex, its entirely my fault for not walking away sooner. It still stinks that these people who think nothing of hurting other people get the good things in life - a family. The family I get dies.

I have of course my little star DD, and she has only me. It hardly seems fair, she definitely hasn't done anything wrong to anyone.

I hope I get this anger out of me today, I cant feel like this for the rest of the week!

Maybe pummelling the duvet in the bath will do the trick :D
    MFW

Original end 11/2045 

• RosaBernicia
    Options
    Hi Bellevie

Sounds like you need ((hugs))... I have no explanation for families I'm afraid, it doesn't always work out good or fair.

Will the duvet definitely not go in the machine? They squish down once wet so I've hoyed them in mine even when I could only just shut the door. Also, if it's causing you well more than £16.99 worth of upset, just ditch it.

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • bellevie
    Options
    Thank you Rosa I've backed out already, its in the bin and Mr T is banned from my room for the foreseeable!
    MFW

Original end 11/2045 

• bellevie
    Options
    Feel a little better after my rant earlier. Its always a bad idea having time off work, too much time on my hands causes me to think and think and think!

Tomorrow I have plans to take DD swimming again, then home for lunch. After lunch we will visit a local park that's within driving distance, but large enough to tire them both out (I hope!)
    MFW

Original end 11/2045 

• catriona79
    Options
    Sending you a massive squishy hug!!!! X
    * * * Catriona's Credit Card Countdown * * * from -£16k to debt neutraldom - for my debt diary click here
    Barclaycard -£5,867.52;
    mbna1 - 3,009.22
    mbna2 - 1,755.70
    Savings £5,017 MFiT #25 £2,627/£10k; daily interest £5.04
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello Bellevie,

I'm so sorry to hear how you were feeling recently. Families are an enigma to me too, especially people who choose vile people over lovely ones.

It's great to hear you're feeling a bit better now and that DD has such lovely friends.

MTxx
  • bellevie
    Options
    Feeling better after a good night sleep.

Pay day on Friday at last!

I've managed OK this month, still a little too close to my minimum balance at times but its been a lot better than January.

DD is looking forward to swimming, we have to leave in 30 minutes so I had better get a wriggle on!
    MFW

Original end 11/2045 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income