PPI question

Options
I was sold Payment Protection Insurance when remortgaging and moving the borrowing to a new mortgage provider. I believe the PPI was missold and also comes under Plevin.

Should my complaint go to the Building Society or to the PPI company ?

Grateful for any advice

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You complain to whoever sold it to you.

Bear in mind, if your mis selling complaint is upload, there is no separate Plevin payout.

What are your mis sale reasons?
  • JulieG44
    Options
    The PPI was taken out in 1999 on instruction from the building society, however it looks as though this policy was cancelled when we subsequently moved house in 2003 and a new policy started.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    JulieG44 wrote: »
    The PPI was taken out in 1999 on instruction from the building society, however it looks as though this policy was cancelled when we subsequently moved house in 2003 and a new policy started.

Plevin wont apply to that then as the policy needs to be in force in 2008.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • JulieG44
    Options
    Can I claim under Plevin on the policy that was taken out in 2003 ?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    JulieG44 wrote: »
    Can I claim under Plevin on the policy that was taken out in 2003 ?

if it is still running during 2008 or later, yes. And that assumes it is not a mortgage broker/adviser you used but a bank product for the insurance.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure