Online store refuses refund & accuses me of fraud...

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    But...begs the question of "you had no checks in place when you shipped it to me, but obvious checks when I returned it".
    Not something I'd write in any appeal you might make.

Mistakes do happen, but the company are obviously confident that such checks are carried out.

Just tell them what you know happened, there should be no need to speculate or accuse. Remember that you are reliant on goodwill here because (just as you state) you can offer no proof.
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I don't remember that offhand, but regardless wasn't superdry. Was a guy's name. Was clearly not item I sent.

Do they at least stock the other jumper on their website? Have you tried looking for it?
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Did you not take any photos of the item after opening the package and prior to returning it?

If Zalando won't accept your return then your first course of action is to try an Paypal claim. After that it's a Letter Before Action to Zalando followed by a small claims court claim (Google Money Claim Online) if they still don't refund.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

I returned the item with a nice note to say - you've sent the wrong item, wrongly labelled, can I have a refund please?

Did you not contact them before you returned the item to inform them of the mistake.

If you didn't contact them and just sent the item back asking for a refund it does sound like you are trying to defraud them. They probably think you took the label off the jumper then sent and put it on a new jumper and sent it to them trying your luck for money back.

If you have contacted them before returning it and told them what happened and asked for an exchange they would have been far more likely to believe you.

The best thing i think you can do now is to explain exactly what happened in a calm but firm tone and keep escalating the issue as required.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    takman wrote: »
    They probably think you took the label off the jumper then sent and put it on a new jumper and sent it to them trying your luck for money back.
    A cynic might even suspect the OP bought a cheaper version of the item elsewhere and returned that item instead of the genuine one. If this is not the case, then OP should write again, pleading his case.
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Ah Superdry is that classed as designer then? Wouldn't think so as it's just a high street overpriced brand.
  • Fluffybunny80
    Options
    This happened to me last year with Very.
    I ordered a pink puma top and received a pink 'Only' top which is an inferior cheapo brand. The sticker on the packet said puma with a barcode so it must have come out the factory like that as inner wrapping hadn't been tampered with
    I emailed very pictures then returned next day. They immediately refunded me no questions asked.
    so this can and does happen.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    This happened to me last year with Very.
    so this can and does happen.
    Depends on the firm. "Very" use a wide variety of suppliers and sell a wide price range.

The firm in question sell only quality designer brands and this appears to be why they have refused to refund the OP.

How could a cheaper product enter their supply chain other than fraudulently?

The OP could easily be the victim or the culprit here, so he'll have to persuade them (or a court) he is the former.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Paypal.

Really quite frustrating this. Without a cameraphone video of me opening the packet to see the cheapo item, I'm not sure what I can do.

I've not gone & bought the same item elsewhere btw but not sure what I can do here.

If you had tracking on the return, you can open a case, albeit retrospectively for SNAD. Open the case, upload your tracking and then escalate it.
  • saunaboy1975
    Options
    Depends on the firm. "Very" use a wide variety of suppliers and sell a wide price range.

The firm in question sell only quality designer brands and this appears to be why they have refused to refund the OP.

How could a cheaper product enter their supply chain other than fraudulently?

The OP could easily be the victim or the culprit here, so he'll have to persuade them (or a court) he is the former.

That's actually not correct at all. They list items from eg. New Look. See below link to a nice £7.99 shirt.

https://www.zalando.co.uk/new-look-shirt-red-nl022d03t-g11.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport