Return or Collect

Options
Hi

I bought a dust extractor from Amazon last week on next day delivery (through Prime). It was faulty so I tried to return it using the iPhone app, but was told that only £4.95 could be reclaimed for my shipping expenses.

I Spoke with their call centre last Friday and arranged for them to come and collect it yesterday (the following Friday), they told me the courier would email me with a collection time. This collection didn't happen, so I called them yesterday and now they are saying that they will not pickup. The item is 30kg and, having bought the item again as replacement, I don't want to fork out the extra for something that I think they should do. I have paid out £300 already and can't get £150 of that back until they receive the item.

My question is, who's responsible for getting the item back to them, is it mine or theirs? I'm sure that the onus used to be on the retailer.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Andy

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    agowinuk wrote: »
    Hi

I bought a dust extractor from Amazon last week on next day delivery (through Prime). It was faulty so I tried to return it using the iPhone app, but was told that only £4.95 could be reclaimed for my shipping expenses.

I Spoke with their call centre last Friday and arranged for them to come and collect it yesterday (the following Friday), they told me the courier would email me with a collection time. This collection didn't happen, so I called them yesterday and now they are saying that they will not pickup. The item is 30kg and, having bought the item again as replacement, I don't want to fork out the extra for something that I think they should do. I have paid out £300 already and can't get £150 of that back until they receive the item.

My question is, who's responsible for getting the item back to them, is it mine or theirs? I'm sure that the onus used to be on the retailer.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Andy
    If the goods are faulty, then the seller must cover the cost of the return and you are entitled to a refund of all monies paid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure