PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 10th Feb 2018

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well shopping was an experience if nothing else. I wasnt happy with a couple of products and 2 items were substituted with something I wasnt happy with but I'll give it another go. Grump still had to go to Aldi for his work stuff which is paid for separately to the home shop for tax purposes...We still forgot the dog food. Grump is annoyed with me for not putting his cigarettes on the order but I refuse to as he moans ive spent too much convieniently forgetting £45 of that is his cigarettes so tough.

Pancakes for the men tonight. Grump will be working away on pancake day and he loves them so im doing them tonight instead.

JackieO Echoing what the others have said. Please dont leave.
  • Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Washing machine is on with my bedding and leek and potato soup is simmering for later. I looked out some mince which is defrosting with some carrots and onions to cook tonight or tomorrow morning and have chicken breast with green veg defrosting for tonight.

Decided to have a lazy day and just manage with whatever I have in as don't feel like going out. Might put aromatherapy oil in the burner in the bedroom to ward off a tickle in my throat.

No idea whether any dds are popping round tomorrow so might just cook something like cottage pie that I can portion up and freeze if I am eating on my own or serve up if I have company.

Hugs to all
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Please can I ask for your prayers for my quilting friend?

I received a most distressing call from her this afternoon, her Grand daughter, who lost her partner 2 years ago, was found dead last Tuesday. A PM did not find a cause of death so they have to wait 2 months for toxicology reports. A death certificate has been issued to allow a funeral to take place.

I was so shocked, L was only 32 and has left a 10 year old daughter and 5 year old twin girls who are being looked after by their grand parents.

I do not know how I feel, having been on the end of a similar phone call myself just 2 years ago. I feel such sorrow for L's parents, loosing a daughter and having to face bringing up 3 children at 58.

Thay have to wait until 27th of this month before they can lay her to rest......such a long time to be in limbo. I know it is something they will never get over.

My friend is distraught.........
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 10 February 2018 at 7:03PM
    Options

I received a most distressing call from her this afternoon, her Grand daughter, who lost her partner 2 years ago, was found dead last Tuesday. A PM did not find a cause of death so they have to wait 2 months for toxicology reports. A death certificate has been issued to allow a funeral to take place.

I was so shocked, L was only 32 and has left a 10 year old daughter and 5 year old twin girls who are being looked after by their grand parents.

I do not know how I feel, having been on the end of a similar phone call myself just 2 years ago. I feel such sorrow for L's parents, loosing a daughter and having to face bringing up 3 children at 58.

Thay have to wait until 27th of this month before they can lay her to rest......such a long time to be in limbo. I know it is something they will never get over.

My friend is distraught.........

Such sad news csarina - my thoughts are with your friend.

My oldest nephew died almost two years ago aged 34 years from an accidental overdose of prescription medicine. We too had to wait ages for the toxicology report and funeral, it's all so depressing and devasting for everyone.

I'm home, had a clear drive back without rain, snow or high wind. Only the potholes and roadworks to slow me down. Bird feeders filled up and nuts left out for Tufty. Nothing much else to bother me, thank goodness.
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    So very sorry CSARINA. It's all the more distressing when it's a young person involved. My heart goes out to her parents and grandparents, not to mention her three children. Life can be so unfair xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Csarina I'm so sorry to hear such sad news. My thoughts are with the family.
    nan
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Csarina so sorry to read about your friend's daughter, those poor little children, my heart goes out to them all x
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Such a tragedy. My thoughts and my prayers are with your friend and her Grandchildren.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Csarina - what a terrible thing to have happened, my thought go out to your friend and her family.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    csarina

I am so sorry to hear about your friend's news. Thoughts and prayers are with her poor family especially the children.

I cooked some soup and made a small cottage pie for tomorrow as I thought only one dd might be popping in.

Just had a phone call to say at least three (maybe four) are calling in - eek! I have some chicken burgers and beef burgers defrosting and will nip out tomorrow morning for rolls and salad and potatoes to make wedges. Must remember to switch on portable heater in the conservatory tomorrow morning as we have the dining table and chairs there and it is freezing!

Hugs to all
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport