Contribution based JSA

Options
Hi everyone

Just wondered if anyone knew; if you live in a full service universal credit area does that mean that you cannot claim contribution based Jobseeker's Allowance?
I have googled but can't seem to find any information to confirm that it even exists anymore?
I am certain I have enough contributions for the last 2 tax years proceeding the benefit year and want to avoid universal credit. I don't want to attempt to claim both benefits in case they automatically put me onto UC,
Is it possible to put in a claim solely for cont based jsa and not UC?
Thanks.

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Anne1234 wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Just wondered if anyone knew; if you live in a full service universal credit area does that mean that you cannot claim contribution based Jobseeker's Allowance?
    I have googled but can't seem to find any information to confirm that it even exists anymore?
    I am certain I have enough contributions for the last 2 tax years proceeding the benefit year and want to avoid universal credit. I don't want to attempt to claim both benefits in case they automatically put me onto UC,
    Is it possible to put in a claim solely for cont based jsa and not UC?
    Thanks.
    Quite easy to find : https://www.gov.uk/jobseekers-allowance/what-type-you-get
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Application details for "new style" JSA:
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-style-jobseekers-allowance
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure