BT complaints

Options

Comments

• BT_company_representative
    BT_company_representative Posts: 1,861 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Clarrie,

I can totally understand your frustration, the change to the billing system was an attempt to make our bill a bit more user friendly. As part of this change there was a change in the billing cycle meaning the advanced charges would be exactly 1 month or quarter in advance from the date that the bill was produced. Instead of rounding up to the end of the Quarter or month.

So depending on the date that you bill is produced you would have a few days extra days rental, the unfortunate thing is if your bill was produced at the end of the month this would mean that you would have nearly a month worth of extra rental charges

I do agreed with you and it is unacceptable to your where given conflicting information as this down solely to human error. If you provide me with your BT account information through PM, I would be happy to look over this in more detail and this will also insure that feedback and coaching is provided to the relevant adviser. So that we can avoid making same mistake in the future.

Thanks

Patrick

BT Support,
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of BT. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • bladeguard
    bladeguard Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Dear Patrick

the email I wrote to in contact had a response and I received a call back from the CEO office. This was very disappointing as they would not listen to my points at all and said we where at deadlock.

The problem seems to be that when I originally took my line out pre 2008 I had an incoming line restricted sold to me so that I could use it as a fax line and this also had broad band on it supplied from Mad a Fish now PlusNet. PlusNet took over Mad a fish and asked BT to remove the tags from the line this was not done despite them writing to BT twice. BT invented the new line in contact around 2008 and started billing me under this service, as my old service name was defunct. They are now saying this went unnoticed for some 5 years and the in contact status of my line was incorrectly registered. To be honest I don’t think I signed anything to allow them to do this anyway.

Now a week ago I asked O2 Broadband to supply Internet to my house and they found Mad a fish tags still on the line. I contacted Mad a fish and they said they would try to remove them. I spoke to the line check department on 0800800151 and they put me through to the broadband team and they where able to tell me that the broadband would run fine on my line but they’re where still tags on it. I spoke to the disconnection team and they stated I had an in contact line and that I could not have broadband tags removed. Mad a fish then responded with an SMS stating the tags where removed. I rang BT Complaint review team and was told that O2 had to contact the BT wholesale team and gave me their contact to telephone them if I had no success to have the tag removed. I spoke to O2 and they told me that it was not in their remit to talk to BT. I reported this to BT Complaint review and they told me that they would ring BT wholesale themselves and they would have the tags removed in two days.

Following this nothing happened.

I returned the O2 product to the shop disappointed and decided that I would need to resolve the issue with BT first.

I then came to this website and searched for the email address and wrote the above page.

Today Lisa phoned me from the Ceo's office 0131 448 5009.

She initially told me that she would look into the matter and then phoned me back later in the day.

[FONT=&quot]She said she had some bad news for me and that BT’s stance was that they could do nothing to supply broadband on my current line. They said my in contact line would not allow this service to run. When I stated that my line had been checked and tested and verified by BT a few days ago. She stated that my tag on my line was missing for in contact and that the disconnection team had simply put it back on the line without my written consent. This is ridiculous as I have had a line with BT for 15 years and believe BT has only changed the name of my service, as their old incoming line name was no longer used. Funny enough it seems the only thing stopping me using broadband on this line is BT. Talk Talk beckons I think being a BT customer for 15 years means nothing obviously.[/FONT]
  • bladeguard
    Options
    Mary phoned me from the ceo's team this evening and said she had recieved my second email. I told her I have telephoned through and asked talktalk to take over the line as I am completley unsatisfied with the ceo's resonse to my problem. I also told her I was offered nothing more than a sorry that Bt would not change its product line as if they did it for me they would have to do it for everyone. Despite the fact my line had it before the service was introduced. She said she would call me back tommorrow lunch time when she had had a chance to look at it.
  • syko29793
    syko29793 Posts: 574 Forumite
    Options
    bladeguard wrote: »
    Mary phoned me from the ceo's team this evening and said she had recieved my second email. I told her I have telephoned through and asked talktalk to take over the line as I am completley unsatisfied with the ceo's resonse to my problem. I also told her I was offered nothing more than a sorry that Bt would not change its product line as if they did it for me they would have to do it for everyone. Despite the fact my line had it before the service was introduced. She said she would call me back tommorrow lunch time when she had had a chance to look at it.

Looks like you slipped through and managed to get broadband on an in contact line when really you shouldnt have. BT are a bit more strict now so thats probably why your having issues.
    Incontact lines have always been excluded from having any internet service including BT Internet.
    If your on incontact you may be able to get BT basic which allows you to have broadband from any isp..
  • bladeguard
    edited 1 August 2009 at 10:12AM
    Options
    Looks like you slipped through and managed to get broadband on an in contact line when really you shouldnt have. BT are a bit more strict now so thats probably why your having issues.
    Incontact lines have always been excluded from having any internet service including BT Internet.

Sorry to say that's not the case didn't slip through as had broadband on this line years ago more than five ago as it was a fax line bought from BT to run an incoming fax for my business. BT also new I was running broadband from it.

BT then changed my line designation and here we are.

Phoned what I thought was B.T wholesale as the number was given to me by my new supplier. Turns out they where not B.T wholesale they would not note what I asked them with a reference number just giving me a name . They then told me the correct broadband wholesale number 0800 085 3608. which don't open till 10:00am on Saturday. this has an option 3 to remove tags
  • bladeguard
    Options
    Have not managed to contact O/N so BT wholesale in India cannot help and you cannot contact BT Wholesale UK on this number The only tags i managed to find out was the incompatible_product placed by customer services a week ago
  • bladeguard
    Options
    Spoke to BT Wholesale India yesterday eventually pretending to be a bogus internet company although they could not remove the tag as I had an incorrect #O/N number. I was able to be told that the one tag was placed by BT and that it was restricting the Broadband and I would need to contact BT to have it removed.
  • bladeguard
    edited 2 August 2009 at 5:34PM
    Options
    Have had a call from BT CEO's office again today Denise said she was calling to say that someone from the CEO office was going to call again tomorrow. She also stated that I could not have had Broadband on my line with the In Contact service I was renting an incomming line. I asked her how she thought the broadband tags got on my line and she said they wasnt any! I told her I had a text message from Mad a Fish stating that they where removed last week. She still stated it was not possible to have broadband on this line. I then went on to explain that I had had the line tested by BT broadband and the network line service and both stated that there was nothing to prevent me having broadband working with this existing line. She stated that you needed an outgoing line to get broadband to dial out. I explained that I had an incoming line when I first moved here and that broadband had worked on that and that we had even had engineers out to see if we could improve the line speed from high up in BT organised by the BT Complaints Review. She said it was not possible. I suggested that she looked at the history of my phone line and she would see that this was true. She said she could not and did not have the access. I then asked her to remove the tag she placed on my line and install BT broadband so that she could see that it would work. She was not prepared to do this either. To be honest I am sick of being told by uninformed BT employee this doesnt work and I have already made the change to go to Talktalk even though they may have to install a new line as BT will not remove the tags. I will be interested to see what the call on monday brings as I have the accounts for the line going back to when I moved in and am preparing to take this matter further with OFCOM. Again the issue of a deadlock letter was discussed.
  • syko29793
    syko29793 Posts: 574 Forumite
    Options
    bladeguard wrote: »
    Have had a call from BT CEO's office again today Denise said she was calling to say that someone from the CEO office was going to call again tomorrow. She also stated that I could not have had Broadband on my line with the In Contact service I was renting an incomming line. I asked her how she thought the broadband tags got on my line and she said they wasnt any! I told her I had a text message from Mad a Fish stating that they where removed last week. She still stated it was not possible to have broadband on this line. I then went on to explain that I had had the line tested by BT broadband and the network line service and both stated that there was nothing to prevent me having broadband working with this existing line. She stated that you needed an outgoing line to get broadband to dial out. I explained that I had an incoming line when I first moved here and that broadband had worked on that and that we had even had engineers out to see if we could improve the line speed from high up in BT organised by the BT Complaints Review. She said it was not possible. I suggested that she looked at the history of my phone line and she would see that this was true. She said she could not and did not have the access. I then asked her to remove the tag she placed on my line and install BT broadband so that she could see that it would work. She was not prepared to do this either. To be honest I am sick of being told by uninformed BT employee this doesnt work and I have already made the change to go to Talktalk even though they may have to install a new line as BT will not remove the tags. I will be interested to see what the call on monday brings as I have the accounts for the line going back to when I moved in and am preparing to take this matter further with OFCOM. Again the issue of a deadlock letter was discussed.

As i said you have slipped through and managed to get broadband on a line when you should not have been able to get broadband.
    Incontact lines cant have broadband but i know that some incontact customers do have broadband.
  • bladeguard
    Options
    I also know incomming line customers with broadband too as the O2 shop told us that he fitted one two days earlier to our purchase. Now it seems talk talk are having problems supplying Talktalk because of this tag too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure