Northern Rock

Options
I took out PPI with a loan from Northern Rock in 2006. I was told that not accepting the insurance would adversely affect the loan application. I have previously made a complaint to reclaim the PPI through Resolver, but heard nothing back at all. I am submitting a new claim, but no longer have the policy number and details etc. Is there any way of finding this information?

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    You need valid reasons for mis sell, the reason you put above will not be valid as this is he/said she said scenario and you will have to prove this.

After all this time they may not find your details.

If you had cover elsewhere, savings, life insurance, good sick pay term and redundancy package that you would have been able to pay or, repay the loan in any eventuality, these are reasons for mis sell you could use.
    Fill the form in here
    http://www.n-ram.co.uk/ppi/complaints

Anything you cannot remember about the loan, be honest, put "don't know". Give as much info as you can, other names and address etc to help them find you.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,933 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I took out PPI with a loan from Northern Rock in 2006. I was told that not accepting the insurance would adversely affect the loan application. I have previously made a complaint to reclaim the PPI through Resolver, but heard nothing back at all. I am submitting a new claim, but no longer have the policy number and details etc. Is there any way of finding this information?

If you complained already, you need to follow that up, you can't just start a new one. As ever, this is yet another reason to not use resolver, you should complain direct to the bank and not give a third party your data.

Ring them up and ask what is going on, if they have any record of your complaint etc, then start a new one only if there is no record of the complaint.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure