M&S Credit Card 0% Purchases

Options
I got this card a few months ago. The free £30 never materalised, but I can live with that.

Only problem is, is that it isn't a contactless card. Can I just ring up and request one? One of the reasons I got this card was to pay at the barrier for TfL.
Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
(End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
(End 2022) - Target £116,213.81

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Do M&S offer contactless?
  • fozmcfc
    fozmcfc Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Do you have an Android or Apple smart phone, which supports Android or Apple pay. Both are accepted by TFL and M&S cards work with them.

Just as easy, all it means is touching your phone and not the card against the reader on the barrier.
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    fozmcfc wrote: »
    Do you have an Android or Apple smart phone, which supports Android or Apple pay. Both are accepted by TFL and M&S cards work with them.

Just as easy, all it means is touching your phone and not the card against the reader on the barrier.

I never realised this. I have an iPhone. I'm guessing I have to download an App? I'll give it a go. Thanks. Gona feel daft the first time I use it, but if it works, I'll be fine.
  • pollyanna24
    edited 29 June 2016 at 1:28PM
    Options
    Bit of a bu&&er though if I've been playing with my phone all the way home and it runs out of battery just before my stop!
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I never realised this. I have an iPhone. I'm guessing I have to download an App? I'll give it a go. Thanks. Gona feel daft the first time I use it, but if it works, I'll be fine.

No need to download an app Pollyanna.

Assuming you've got an iPhone 6/iPhone SE (with iOS 8.3 or higher installed) merely open the Wallet app and tap the + sign in the top right hand of the screen.

Follow the prompts to add the card (either scan the card itself or enter your details manually), agree to M&S Bank terms and conditions and you can either verify through a one off code via SMS (or a telephone call).

AFAIK M&S Bank don't currently offer a contactless credit card.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • pollyanna24
    Options
    20aday wrote: »
    No need to download an app Pollyanna.

Assuming you've got an iPhone 6/iPhone SE (with iOS 8.3 or higher installed) merely open the Wallet app and tap the + sign in the top right hand of the screen.

Follow the prompts to add the card (either scan the card itself or enter your details manually), agree to M&S Bank terms and conditions and you can either verify through a one off code via SMS (or a telephone call).

AFAIK M&S Bank don't currently offer a contactless credit card.

How very clever. Mine's only an iPhone5, does this mean I can't do it?
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    How very clever. Mine's only an iPhone5, does this mean I can't do it?

If you have an Apple Watch then you can set that up to use Apple Pay otherwise you'd be unable to use the service, sorry.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • shtyage
    Options
    Marks & Spencer launched St Michael Financial Services in 1985, operating its "Chargecard" store card. It was renamed Marks & Spencer Financial Services in 1988, and Marks and Spencer Unit Trust Management was established to provide unit trust funds.[1]

The company introduced the M&S Money brand in 2003, at the time that Marks & Spencer began to introduce its "Your M&S" branding.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure