Cherry takes the reins

Options

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Cherry fudge I do feel disorganised when I read your diary. Your list are so, so detailed.

I find buying jeans a nightmare. I just used to walk into BHS and pick up the same ones each time. I hope you find what you are looking for.

The scones sound lovely....mmmmm.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,157 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Parsniphead, please don't feel disorganised! You juggle so much... and my lists are the result of long years of practice :D. They sadly are rarely completed. In fact, I did complete one once, it was 5th January this year and had 6 items on it! It was such a memorable occasion that I remembered! Admittedly I can track it because it was when I used to keep a bullet journal, and I can also see 2 x 3-item lists there that I completed. But basically I'm much better at listing than I am at completing.

I haven't got any further with jeans. Saw some I like but I'm working hard at weight loss right now and it would be lovely to go into a size smaller and besides, when I totalled up, I have various jeans and summer trousers I could be wearing but I tend to be lazy and go for the ones that go with everything, which is what the wrecked pair was. Maybe I will review it after the wedding.

I forgot to update yesterday: I went to the shops but didn't get through my list (!) because the bank was inexplicably shut and there wasn't time to go to the more distant shops before work. I did make inroads into my pre-wedding list (it's so close! I'm starting to get nervous!). I now have the makeup to go with the dress...

22nd
    Spends:
    Toiletries/makeup £9.94
    Housekeeping £1.00
    MS stuff:
    Found an unopened mascara in my drawer so going to see if it's better than the one I'm using and if so I'll have that sorted for the wedding.
    My workplace was given an award a while ago which has now been divvied up among us so that translates into a £15 voucher which I'll hang on to for when I feel I need a treat or something outside the usual budget. :)
    Onward march of the food list continued: all the day's food was from the cupboards and Dh had a work dinner to go to so nothing on the grocery bills except some biscuits for me to take to work.
    Still eating scones! They don't taste too bad but the texture is awful. :D
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Cherryfudge
    edited 23 June 2017 at 11:59PM
    Options
    NSD and I went for a run. Tomorrow is likely to be spendy as we have stuff to get for wedding/holiday.

Here is the latest version of my food list. :rotfl:
    Food to use up
    7.5 pints milk
    desiccated coconut
    caramel
    smidgeon of dark brown sugar
    custard powder
    yeast sachets
    mung beans
    flaked almonds
    mincemeat
    green lentils
    red lentils
    dates
    quinoa
    white rice (not nice!)
    Arborio rice
    currants
    a million onions - now 999,999 onions
    9.5 peppers - now 8.5 peppers
    oil from chargrilled peppers
    5 corn on the cob
    12 eggs.
    No carrots :)
    half a cabbage
    fresh pineapple
    5 overripe bananas (sigh)
    1 tomato
    8 apples
    half tin baked beans - eaten!
    potatoes - some old ones and two part-bags of new.
    assortment of cheeses
    14 jars of spreadables for toast
    4 assorted gravies
    vegetable suet
    5 tiny cherry scones

Oh, and I really must update my signature. Haven't done it for a couple of weeks.

• Cherryfudge
    edited 5 July 2017 at 1:56AM
    Options
    Not a money-saving day today, definitely not. We priced up a camera that we would all like (though it will take a long time to learn how to use it fully). DH has the details so we can search for reviews but we (DH, DS2 and I) have all had a play with the one in the shop and chatted to the sales chap who was helpful as he not only explained in terms DS can relate to, but translated it into SLR-speak for my ancient brain. :rotfl:

Dh bought a shirt for the wedding and I tried on - and bought - Those Shoes. Then I went on and bought two bikinis, some jeans (I know... I said I'd leave them for now :o), a sweatshirt, three beach towels and a gift for a friend all for less than the shoes.

No run today.

Spends: Details to be filled in when I have all the receipts.
    Clothing £69.99
    Gifts £5.00
    Household and
    Housekeeping £65.08

MS Stuff:
    DH picked a bowl of raspberries from the garden - looks like being a bumper year for fruit :)
    Grabbed dinner from the freezer despite being in a hurry.
    Lunch out but at Gregg's not more expensive and calorific takeaway, and used housekeeping money as we are in budget for once.
    Most of what I bought was actually budget stuff and despite saying I would put off getting jeans, these are summer ones and perfect for work - and at £12 I'm spending in a fairly MS way.
    Contacted seller on 3bay about an item that hasn't showed up. Not their fault: it was posted about 10 days ago. I think the delivery may have 'hidden' the parcel: they choose some odd places but I've looked where I could think and there's no sign.

Confession time:
    Jeans...
    Sweatshirt... I could have done without those really.
    Wishing I'd not had that cappuccino at lunch: it pushed me over my calories for the day.

On the positive side, it is so nice to be able to buy clothes and know my weight is down enough for it to show. :) Not at my target weight by any means but better than I have been for years.

• parsniphead
    Options
    What is it with onions. It's either none or millions. They are a law unto themselves.

It sounds like you had a good shopping trip. I find jeans and shoes are the hardest thing to buy. I can be reduced to tears when buying shoes. Enjoy them.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    What is it with onions. It's either none or millions. They are a law unto themselves.

It sounds like you had a good shopping trip. I find jeans and shoes are the hardest thing to buy. I can be reduced to tears when buying shoes. Enjoy them.

Thank you parsnip, I will!

I could buy tops all day long (money and space permitting) but trousers of any sort are difficult to buy as I'm short and 'curvy'. Shoes aren't so bad since I discovered to my surprise that while I live in trainers, sparkly shoes are my favourites. I do have to limit myself to ones that fit well, though.

Another day/night at work for me, and the same tomorrow though I'll be home in the morning. Struggling a bit with feeling down right now but I expect that will dissipate once things are back to normal. I'm not good at going away though I love discovering new places, and things at work are in flux which isn't easy.

• parsniphead
    Options
    I hope you feel a bit more up soon cherryfudge. Changes of routine can be hard,even nice ones like holidays. Have a good day at work.

• Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Such a shame about no chickens on the auctioneers website. There are lots of poultry breeders around...classified ads in publications such as Country Smallholding are useful. I used to buy hatching eggs from a couple of breeders, which came through the post and straight into the incubator. The breeders often had POL birds to buy as well.

Hope all goes well with the wedding/ holiday prep.

Hurray for the raspberries from the garden. It is looking to be a good year for soft fruit!
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Onions breed while in the cupboard I'm sure! We always have millions! I'm sure I don't buy that many ;)

As for clothes a treat is nice now and again :D

Have a lovely day x
  • Cherryfudge
    edited 26 June 2017 at 2:10PM
    Options
    Thank you, lovely people. :)

25th
    NSD (though I got a few freebies) and... final run of C25K! It's taken me since March but oh so worth it. I'm intending to go on running, and losing weight. Both of them slowly. :D

26th
    Short of sleep and another overnight shift tonight. Not feeling 100% so I made a doctor's appointment but it's for Monday, by which time I will probably be better!
    I did a grocery shop for my sister and topped up her phone while she's in the UK for a few days, but she will pay me back so that's not going on my spends. Proper mucked them up in the past, it did.
    I'm looking for some holiday reading so I may end up spending a bit there but it won't be much. I've also ordered a beach towel for myself and another as a gift. Not expensive ones! Still searching for my receipts from Saturday but at least I have now cleared my bag out! :D

Spends:
    Household £10
    Gifts £5
    MS stuff:
    Turned a load of bananas into muffins yesterday and am still eating out of stores so savings some money and trying to make space.
    Am leaving the onions in the cupboard to see if they'll breed further and save more money. :D

I have been enjoying my new sweatshirt and jeans and gleefully remembered that a few years ago I bought a couple of very cute pairs of trousers that I only just fit into, and rather than stretch them, I stashed them in the loft till I shrank, which I've now done. DS isn't too well so a trip to the loft would disturb him but I'm looking forward to getting them back and trying them on.

And here's the food list again!
    Food to use up
    7.5 pints milk now 6 pints
    desiccated coconut
    caramel
    smidgeon of dark brown sugar In muffins
    custard powder
    yeast sachets
    mung beans
    flaked almonds
    mincemeat
    green lentils
    red lentils
    dates
    quinoa
    white rice (not nice!)
    Arborio rice
    currants In muffins
    a million onions - now 999,999 onions
    9.5 peppers - now 8.5 peppers
    oil from chargrilled peppers
    5 corn on the cob In compost
    12 eggs. Now 8 eggs
    half a cabbage
    fresh pineapple
    5 overripe bananas (sigh) In muffins
    1 tomato
    8 apples now 4 apples
    potatoes - some old ones and two part-bags of new.
    assortment of cheeses
    14 jars of spreadables for toast now 12 jars
    4 assorted gravies
    vegetable suet
    5 tiny cherry scones eaten
    Stuff in the freezer... as ever but about 6 meals now used up.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport