Help! paying out to the claims guys..

Options

Comments

• lizzielocket
    Options
    Hi. I had dealings with Claims Guys in 2010. The Halifax paid me very quickly.
    For a while to C.G. bombarded me with calls re payment even though I informed them I had recieved it. Finally all went quiet till recently when tey are hounding me for payment of £720. This is 16 months on. Surely they should have requested payment much earlier and in writing not aggressively over the phone. I no longer have the original documents other than what the Halifax sent me, so I have requested a copy of my contract which I am still waiting for. Help advice and comments appreciated please.
  • shar1234
    Options
    I have just sent a letter off to he claims company I used complaining about the poor service hey gave me. I actually did all the chasing myself, they couldn't give me any updates, I have to wait days and days for responses to emails. Basically it was a shoddy service from Belmont Thornton. I have offered them half the money they have asked for. No doubt they will refuse and say they acted according to their crappy service levels but I feel better complaining. I have sent a copy of the letter to Watchdog and to the FOS. These companies promise so much, do nothing and then rip you off, however you only find this out once you have signed the agreement............. terrible. You get robbed by the banks and then the claims companies rob you again!
  • magpiecottage
    Options
    shar1234 wrote: »
    I have sent a copy of the letter to Watchdog and to the FOS.

FOS can do nothing about CMCs. Pity really. At £500 a throw they could pretty quickly be put out of business.

Complain to the Ministry of Justice.
  • princessnat83
    Options
    Hi, can I ask, do the halifax send out the cheque directly to you or do you have to pay them before halifax release the cheque or is this a tactic by the claims guys to get early payment? Thanks.
  • magpiecottage
    Options
    I have just been spammed by these morons in breach of The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.

I have e-mailed a formal complaint back and reported it to the MOJ making clear that I consider it evidence that they are not fit and proper.
  • magpiecottage
    Options
    Hi, can I ask, do the halifax send out the cheque directly to you or do you have to pay them before halifax release the cheque or is this a tactic by the claims guys to get early payment? Thanks.

Write direct to Halifax and ask that the cheque is sent direct to you.
  • johjac
    Options
    I have also had dealings with the ClaimsGuys and had repeated phone calls. One time I answered and stated that I was no longer interested in persuing my claim with LloydsTSB. They told me that there would be a charge for backing out, but after 2 months they hadn't asked for the charge. Then, this week, I received a letter from LloydsTSB offering me a refund of £1,072. The letter says that if I am happy with the offer, I don't need to do anything and any payment due will be made as quickly as possible.
    A couple of days later, I had a letter from the ClaimsGuys stating my claim had been successful and I was owed £1,562. £562 was the % that was owing to them. The letter also stated that Lloyds were going to pay me directly. Included in the ClaimsGuys letter were various forms to use to make a payment. So, now I'm waiting to see if LloydsTSB comes up with the goods and the next stream of endless calls from the CG's
  • ascowie
    Options
    I just received a letter from them today stating im due them £510 even though im up to date with all fee's. I have just sent them a email asking where they are getting this from, so we will wait and see what they say. Im still waiting for £103 from a company, seems the cheque has never arrived.

When will the stop hounding me, companies like this should be ceased to persue people. im really getting upset by the threats they make.

What can I do to stop them

Any advice will be great

Andy
  • lizperrott
    lizperrott Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I am an elderly disabled and chronically sick pensioner in my 70s. I was sent information on claiming back money from packaged bank accounts. I was asked to read and sign the paper, there was nothing in the main body of the paperwork saying that they would want 36% of any compensation.
    LLoyds bank admitted it missold me and I was awarded compensation. However the packaged accounts had to be changed to a basic one. and the bank, now TSB, had to use most of the compensation to cover the overdraft which had been part of the packaged account.
    There is only about £500 left of the compensation and now Rapid Reclaims want £1 700 . I don't have it, and only have my pension.
    Also it took several people and a magnifying glass to see where the mention of this 36% was, it was actually below the signature line. That seems disingenuous to me, I signed up to what was in the letter not to an after thought. In any event. I don't have the money to pay them as it has all gone on the over draft and bank fees. As I only have my pension which barely supports me, they can't get blood out of a stone but what are they likely to do. If I were to offer them what is left as a settlement do you think they might consider it or will I be hounded for what is left of my life?
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    lizperrott wrote: »
    I am an elderly disabled and chronically sick pensioner in my 70s. I was sent information on claiming back money from packaged bank accounts. I was asked to read and sign the paper, there was nothing in the main body of the paperwork saying that they would want 36% of any compensation.
    LLoyds bank admitted it missold me and I was awarded compensation. However the packaged accounts had to be changed to a basic one. and the bank, now TSB, had to use most of the compensation to cover the overdraft which had been part of the packaged account.
    There is only about £500 left of the compensation and now Rapid Reclaims want £1 700 . I don't have it, and only have my pension.
    Also it took several people and a magnifying glass to see where the mention of this 36% was, it was actually below the signature line. That seems disingenuous to me, I signed up to what was in the letter not to an after thought. In any event. I don't have the money to pay them as it has all gone on the over draft and bank fees. As I only have my pension which barely supports me, they can't get blood out of a stone but what are they likely to do. If I were to offer them what is left as a settlement do you think they might consider it or will I be hounded for what is left of my life?

Did you think they were doing the work for free?

You can offer them the £500 as a settlement. They may accept that now and allow you to make a payment arrangement for the rest. If they choose not to accept they can take you to court and get a judgement against you, then they'll be able to get an attachment to take money straight from your pension.

I'm sympathetic to anyone in debt but your age is irrelevant here. You willingly entered into the agreement and as such you need to abide by its terms.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure