PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Tuesday 22 July

Options

Comments

• Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    Good morning everyone :)

Quick one from me as am stressed due to today's hospital appointment, so will spare you the ramble or rant which comes with me being wound up :o

Well wishes for all sick people and pets and hugs for those that need or just want them. Keep well and safe and have a lovely day.

TTFTM x
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Birthday wishes to those celebrating a birthday, hope you have a great day x

Hugs and get well wishes to those that want/need them.

Sky is cloudy and overcast, temperature has dropped slightly but still quite humid. Watered plants and greenhouse. Washing on the line.

DH up and gone to work early, but not stupid early.

Dinner last night was roast chicken pieces with a lemon and herb rub, (none of us liked it, so will give it to mum or sis), noodles and egg fried rice, was a late dinner as DH was late home – but was nice because it had cooled off a bit by then, expecting him to be late again tonight, and we’re having spag bol, so will just get the meat sauce going on the hob, and turn it down really low, and then just cook the pasta when needed.

Work was busy early on yesterday and was then steady and we had periods where it went very quiet, not sure what will happen today, I’m working at my normal office today as we’re short staffed. Checked out a new microwave in MrT yesterday and it isn’t going to cost as much as I thought, I could buy 1 of 2 either £42 or £48 – but this morning I’ve just remembered I’ve got a Argooose gift card for £25 from when I bought DS2’s replacement headphones a few weeks back, so will check their catalogue – if I can get something in the right price range and use the gift card (it needs using this week) I’ll buy one from there.

Take care in the sun and warm weather, remember the sunscreen x

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Thanks for all your lovely wishes yesterday. We are very excited. :j

I've got a busy day today. Firstly is weigh in this morning, but it am feeling very bloated as Aunty Flo is due so will be happy with a maintain. I'm going to have a think about the kind of foods I am eating. I love the idea of eating clean as it suits my IBS but don't always stick to it.
    Then I'm off to visit my cousin who is on her second knee replacement as the first one failed, poor thing. She is in a lot of pain but glad to be done, fingers crossed all went well this time. I shall take her a little gift for her bday and try and cheer her up.
    I need to call at the supermarket as well.
    Hubby has a busy day so he's off shortly and youngest ds3 is in his pit having got too much sun yesterday and very red arms:eek:
    A glorious day, so shall peg out the few bits of washing I have.
    Dinner tonight will definitely be a salad. Have a lovely day xx
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    TTFTM good luck with your hospital appointment. Sending lots of gentle hugs

Candlelightx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good morning everyone, another hot day here and likely to get very warm, over 28 degrees forecast so I've been through the house already, the washing has just finished so that will be on the line shortly and He Who Knows and the Dockling are already out and walking before the real heat of the day.

Thanks for asking Hester, he's OK but as he's getting older I find he tires more easily when we are walking in the heat so can't do the distances we used to do. He's much better if I can persuade him to wait until later in the evening to walk but he sometimes decides that mid afternoon is it and then we get very puffy panty and slow. Hope you don't get loaded too much until the end of term, working in a school is no sinecure is it?

Going to make some Bread and Butter pickles this morning as we're awash with cucumbers at the moment so 6 and some onions are soaking in salt in my big mixing bowl and I'll bottle them up later this morning. Then I have to make the redcurrant jelly, I cooked and put them through the jelly bag on Sunday and the juice is in the fridge so that will be done this morning too. We'll pick garden and allotment produce later, the blackberries are ripening already and the raspberries are giving us a punnet every other day at the moment so they'll go into the freezer for the winter.

Hope all our poorlies are at least comfortable today and hopefully on the mend and make sure we all stay hydrated by taking on lots of water and remember not to stay out in this hot sun for too long at a time. Take care all, Lyn xxx.
  • jlhmd666
    jlhmd666 Posts: 543 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck with your hospital appointment TTFTN

Thanks for the thoughts re the gall bladder. The pain is horrendous at it's height but it is just grumbling again now.

I made pancakes for the kids for breakfast, which they liked but we only really had syrup to go with them so I'm going to look for ideas of what would go nice - something like blueberries perhaps??

It is so warm here already that the paddling pool is getting a good use. It has been a lovely summer so far this year. I just hope that doesn't lead to an overly cold winter :eek:
    2016 Grocery Challenge January: £296.20/£300 February: £262.05/£300
  • mrsmortenharket
    Options
    Good morning all.

Hope everyone is ok today.
    Jackie, I hope your bites heal soon x

Today will be laundry day. Have lots of ironing. Will do as little of that as possible. Washing and sorting the clothes. It's my most hated job.

I've got to pop to town later to chose my glasses. Had eye tests yesterday. Need reading glasses now as well. I've only just turned 40. :eek:

Youngest is hard work right now. He's autistic so makes "normal" issues very difficult. Today he is very stressed as he has a small graze on his thumb.

All I can small is jeyes fluid. Had to clean up outside yesterday after the floods on Sunday. Thank goodness for my wonderful neighbours. Without their help, our house most certainly would have flooded. So may houses did, including my friends house. She has a tiny newborn baby as well.

Right, I am off to get on with my day. A late start but have spent an hour trying to calm youngest down about his thumb.

Love, hugs and spoons

xxx
  • good_advice
    good_advice Posts: 2,653 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee! Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everyone :)
    I got up at 7am and have been doing bits and bobs.
    A lovely day for a staycation. No need to jump on an aeroplane with all the hot weather in the UK.

Yesterday Oh and I had a walk around a posh local garden centre.
    So many beautiful things.
    We were shopping for a large pot tub for our Amaryllis bulbs.
    We have x5 large Amaryllis bulbs from last winter. Bought/ gifted.
    Instead of tossing them out after flowering we kept them.

After a great debate, mostly by me with Oh listening And several sizes of the chosen pot on the path, complete with matching saucer.
    We finally bought a 42cm RHS sky blue bowl and saucer.
    I took my time and debated over what we should have, I wanted something with a flat solid base and not v shaped. This one is more shallow and wide. I wanted blue in colour but not the common dark blue = all this over a flower pot!
    the pot now has centre stage on our mosaic round table in the conservatory. Just waiting to be filled.

Anyone would think we live in a grand house instead of a 3 bed semi.

4pm we went to Tesco for needed milk and a look around YS.
    Just looking at my receipt. There is not much that is not YS.
    Milk, toilet rolls and Dairylea cheese.

We live very well on YS.

Right! got to move, we are going to visit our son and take over a few things. I love decluttering our house.
    The secret to success is making very small, yet constant changes.:)
  • Lilyplonk
    Lilyplonk Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    Options
    ........... 4pm we went to Tesco for needed milk and a look around YS.
    Just looking at my receipt. There is not much that is not YS.
    Milk, toilet rolls and Dairylea cheese .................

I'm exactly the same as you, good advice ;). First stop is always the 'whoopsie shelves' and then build around what's found there :j. Have been known to go from A$da at 5.00 to Te$co at 6.00 ;).

If it can be frozen, it will be.

Thank goodness we're not neighbours, otherwise we'd be competing in the same place/at same time :rotfl:.
  • jlhmd666
    jlhmd666 Posts: 543 Forumite
    edited 22 July 2014 at 12:09PM
    Options
    I haven't found a doughnut recipe I can use yet but came across these which look really good and so simple to make. I bought some sponge mixes from Approved Foods which need using up so the kids can have fun in the kitchen this afternoon :)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4780446

Edited to add: found this for the doughnuts :)

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/r80135/Doughnut-recipe
    2016 Grocery Challenge January: £296.20/£300 February: £262.05/£300
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family