PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Tuesday 22 July

Options
13»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Tired this morning. In his ultimate wisdom hubby decided I was getting too comfortable in the bed by myself so he's decided to join me. He's still getting a fair bit of pain and swelling from his knee and he is uncomfortable in bed but he's putting up with it. Hence no more Starfish for me. :(

Our bed has been stripped and is being laundered. 'Youngest' is still in his.

I'm waiting for my new phone to be delivered. I shant be adding any contacts to it for a day or two until I have got to grips with it in case I drunk dial someone whilst I am sober. Last new phone I had I rang my daughter in South Africa by accident. Cost a fortune it did. :eek:

So glad the way my family is pulling itself together. I wouldn't say we were close by any stretch of the imagination but at least we are all singing from the same hymn sheet (apart from hubby who is always three pages in front of everyone else).:rotfl:

Now if only I could find out why Mom throws cups of tea at the carers I'd be one heck of a made up lady.... I guess she's transferred her aggression to them and not me.:o

TTFTM good luck with your hospital appointment. I'll be thinking of you. Reminds me of yesterday. Its amazing the amount of drivel two people can come up with when they are stuck together day and night. Me and hubby were talking general anaesthetics. We were comparing figures.... He's had 4. Ive had 3. "Yes and all of them have been since I met you" he said thinking he'd got one up on me. "Yes and I had one because of you" I answered. "In case you forgot... it was because you were too coward to have a vasectomy". Oh dear, I think I hit a raw nerve. He's still talking to me though.:D If I hadn't, I recon I'd have had an extra 3 children since 'Youngest' was born and by the time I hit the menopause.

Now I'm waffling.

Onwards and forwards (listening for the delivery man as I type),

have a great day all.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hoping all goes well for TTFTM today.

Only a fortnight to go til Mr LW's op. I'm trying so hard to not let him see how stressed I am about it. I think I'm suffering from sleep deprivation, which isn't helping.:(

Luckily I have the Hairy Hooligans for company; they're fantastic!:o They'll be going home on Thursday, but two hours after they leave, I shall have a Cockapoo named Button arriving for three nights' stay.:o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone for the good wishes. Am being admitted for more surgery on 18th August, oh well I knew it was coming, it's never ending :(
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    TTFTM I am sorry you have to have more surgery. Even if you thought it possible it must still be a horrible shock, we all hope for the best.

Would it help if we all sent you some virtual chocolate?:)

Lots of hugs

Candlelightx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone for the good wishes. Am being admitted for more surgery on 18th August, oh well I knew it was coming, it's never ending :(

Bahh rotten news. So sorry. Big (((hugs))).

Sorted me phone out. Easy peasy (but still haven't put me contacts in just in case.:D).
  • Lilyplonk
    Lilyplonk Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    Options
    TTFTM - so sorry to hear about you needing further surgery - HSblinky_ani_bearhugs.gif for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure